• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 580B gets painted

john jensen

Case 580b restored.

Here is some photos of my dad´s Case 580b year 1974 ,that I restored last year. The backloader is located in Denmark Europe and looks a littel different than the model there was sold in USA.:) The cabin is made in Sweden,and the tyres aslo has a different size.

Attachments

• PIC_0118.JPG
    PIC_0118.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1,014

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Very nice looking machine, being 19 and not growing up in that era its cool to see the older 580's. Ive had the chance to run plenty of older Cases and one thing never changed over the years, all 580's are reliable workhorses!:usa

cat320

Charter Member
Very nice looking machine, being 19 and not growing up in that era its cool to see the older 580's. Ive had the chance to run plenty of older Cases and one thing never changed over the years, all 580's are reliable workhorses!:usa

but it really make you apreciate the newer ones. They run for ever practicly but when i use my freinds 580B down his yard to load mulch it just takes me back in time to when i used to play and ride on them when i was younger.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
Nice, nice looking Case, the Swedish cab gives it a much different look. Must have come new with the cab painted yellow, not black. I like the way you have put the decals on the dipper. Are they 28" rims on the back?

I was working on another 580B today; tried it out in the snow. Phil:)

Attachments

• Jan 3, 2008.JPG
    Jan 3, 2008.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 999

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums john jensen! :drinkup

newjcb123uk

Case Cab

It's weird that CASE didn't specify the same cab design in your Swedish machine as the rest of the world you would have thought the extra cost involved would have made them standardise it - it gives the machine a whole different character! Nevertheless your 580B is a fine example. As far as I know the British version which had sideshift was sold under the heading
580E/F so as not to mix it up with the highly sucessful British built
HYMAC 580B (which was a crawler 360 excavator)

Here is some photos of my dad´s Case 580b year 1974 ,that I restored last year. The backloader is located in Denmark Europe and looks a littel different than the model there was sold in USA.:) The cabin is made in Sweden,and the tyres aslo has a different size.

Attachments

• 67ba_1.jpg
    67ba_1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 963

GaryKelley

Occupation
Self employed loser
If you are concerned about sand

getting into places sand is NOT supposed to get....why not used walnt shell media? after you are through, a good air gun cleaning should do the trick, and any shell material that falls into a crack or a crevice, will soon deteriorate and be gone...

VINNY580

Hello i am a real newbee to forums and this is my very first reply,but ijust wanted to say i love to see these great pictures of everybodies backhoes
please keep them coming jon

john jensen

Case 580b restored

Hi.
Yes the cab has always been painted yellow,and the rims are 28" on the back.I forgot to tell that the engine not is a Case engine but a Dawid Brown 995 engine whit 65 ps. The backhoe was assembled in France but is made from parts from USA (except engine and cabin and rear rims). All the parts I used when I restored the backhoe I did bay at The Collins-services in Medford Oregon.The price on spare parts for a Case 580b is only about 1/4 in the states of what they ask in Denmark at the Case dealer.The decal set is not 100% lite the one there was on it from new , but almost like it and I has tryed to refit them as the backhoe looked from new.My dad has owned the backhoe from new.:usa
Best regaurds John.

Attachments

• PIC_0120.JPG
    PIC_0120.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 966

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums VINNY580! :drinkup

Phil

Occupation
I love that backhoe, looks a bit like a Ford with those 28" tires and the extra windows. I had a DB 990 tractor once, maybe the engine was similar. Did you know there's a site for Case parts John? Phil:)

Phil

Occupation
Found a picture of a B engine ready to go back in. Not like yours though. The front end has been rolled ahead as an assembly, the loader bucket secured in the up position and the loader frames blocked, as can be seen in the picture. Phil;)

Attachments

• Case 580 B engine.JPG
    Case 580 B engine.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 938

john jensen

Case 580b restored.

Hi Phil
about the case parts pages I always use www.collins-services.com.
Dan Kornstadt up there has the parts .About the engine my dad did own a CASE 580B Whit the Case engine(1972-1974) then did he bay the one we have now.In 2003 we did rebuild the DB engine whit new pistons and the block was borred+0,25.A DB 990 has wet liners but still on the outside a db990 &995 are similar.the 995 has a one in one block(not wet liners).

Phil

Occupation
Vinny580, how about posting some hoe pictures from the motherland? There is alot of water between us and we like to see what's happening back home;) .What machines are most popular? I love going for Sunday drives up toward Algonquin park, and looking for old machines. I'll see if I got any more.:) Phil

Phil

Occupation
Found this B last summer, lost in a field up north. Phil:)

Attachments

• Abandoned B.JPG
    Abandoned B.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 854