• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My least favorite job

reddot556

i soooo hate loading trucks..got to do it with a kobelco 480..never ran one before but i was impressed..very smooth with good power..have to say tho..the cab sucks..ac isnt very good and could not adjuct the seat to my liking..also..25 trucks..all indian drivers..not a one very sharp..there were a few high dumps today:D

Attachments

• 0806001427.jpg
    0806001427.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,671
  • 0806001544.jpg
    0806001544.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,667

Dusty Roads

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I will be glad to trade with ya,you can draw my UI check and I will load trucks till the cows come home. :woohoo

mitch504

Yeah, loading is kind of mind-numbing isn't it? What did you expect though, they are Truckdrivers after all.

BTW, nice job on the foreman's pickup.:D

joispoi

From the title, I was expecting to see a set of tracks caked in clay and a hand shovel.

If loading trucks is your least favorite job, what's your favorite?

reddot556

From the title, I was expecting to see a set of tracks caked in clay and a hand shovel.

If loading trucks is your least favorite job, what's your favorite?

hmmm..i would have to say digging about 20' deep down a busy street with lots of obstacles in the way..keeps you on your game

j.r.

Occupation
hoe operator
when i started at my company i was on a 345 me loading trucks all day everyday and loved it .then they had an opening on a pipe crew and i took it to try something new. putting water/sewer/storm in the ground deep pulling a box and digging around utilities is way more involved and keeps me on my toes. i think i would get bored in a heart beat if i went back to loading trucks all day.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
man, i love banging out trucks.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
OH

MY

GOD!!!

That's not a OSHA approved trench, your banks aren't sloped and

YOU POSTED PICTURES OF THE TRUCKS IN THE CUT!!

Are you out of your mind? :lmao

Loading trucks all day is like driving one on short hauls, it's just downright mind numbing.:pointhead

bobbarker

Try feeding >100,000 tons mud through a crusher. Same pad day in day out, pick turn dump repeat. Gets a little repetitive.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Bob!:drinkup

reddot556

OH

MY

GOD!!!

That's not a OSHA approved trench, your banks aren't sloped and

YOU POSTED PICTURES OF THE TRUCKS IN THE CUT!!

Are you out of your mind? :lmao

Loading trucks all day is like driving one on short hauls, it's just downright mind numbing.:pointhead

LOL!!!!..please dont tell him about this post..he'll go crazy

ditchbitch

when i started at my company i was on a 345 me loading trucks all day everyday and loved it .then they had an opening on a pipe crew and i took it to try something new. putting water/sewer/storm in the ground deep pulling a box and digging around utilities is way more involved and keeps me on my toes. i think i would get bored in a heart beat if i went back to loading trucks all day.

100% agree with ya

dynahoescott

loading trucks

man, i love banging out trucks.

loading trucks is not my favorite operation but it is far from the worst. I agree with q, Ilike loading tandems too as long as there is some room under the power lines if its in the street. Loading over the wires sucks but it has to be done sometimes. in the open field, forget about it, let the trucks RIP!