• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my mount

chris-law

do you have anything like this in your country, i drive these on a weekend on the railway

Attachments

• hydrex-5922.jpg
    hydrex-5922.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 946

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Check the thread about the Deere 120C...I have never seen one but it would be cool to see one!

Thanks for sharing those pics. Those long booms sure have a niche in the market.

chris-law

The job I'm working on right now a drilling crew has a drill mounted to a Cat 330CL. The drill is fairly simple, just drills holes and compressed air is used to blow the spoils out. Once the holes are drilled, nails are inserted (huge rebar with egg beater looking devies installed) Then the nails are concreted to the hole that was drilled. The job I'm on they're drilled to stabilize vertical walls, so after the nails are in, a heavy wire mesh is installed and shotcreted. The nails are then shacked to the face of the finished shotcrete. Pretty neat deal, never seen it done before until I got this job.

Sorry for the threadjack, but good looking iron! That 375 is CLEAN! What year is it? I believe 375's were produced until '96 IIRC. Not bad for a 12+ year old hoe.
I think its a 1992 year,its not a tidy as it looks in the pics, has got some guts in her for an old machine though, blows quite a few hyd pipes too

F-1.08-F.G.

Awesome pics!! I would love to take a whack at an LR hoe... just seems like it would be fun trying to pull a grade for like 90 feet or load a truck 60-70 feet away from you:notworthy

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
i have done a couple of slurry walls , they are a dirty job with all that bentonite running back down the boom onto the cab:(.

we work both fresh and salt water, boss will do most hires except slurry walls:D

Hi Chris, only just tripped over your post seen W M crop up on quite a few high profile jobs.
The Hitachi long reach on Oakes had a baffle plate welded around the 4 sides of the boom just back from the lift rams to stop the bentonite running all the way back down onto the machine. Yes I agree a dirty job :D

gmads01

do you have anything like this in your country, i drive these on a weekend on the railway

Saw some of these in a railyard. Kind of interesting way to place multiple ties.

Attachments

• P6260065.JPG
    P6260065.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 848
  • P6260066.JPG
    P6260066.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 830
  • P6260068.JPG
    P6260068.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 826

chris-law

Hi Chris, only just tripped over your post seen W M crop up on quite a few high profile jobs.
The Hitachi long reach on Oakes had a baffle plate welded around the 4 sides of the boom just back from the lift rams to stop the bentonite running all the way back down onto the machine. Yes I agree a dirty job :D

hi rob,did you work for oakes, i had 2 years for them .... was on their hitatchi 370 long reach at preston for 3 months on a slurry wall in 2002 i think, had the welder in every 3 days to weld the cracks that kept appeering.
did 3 years for amec on the london airports driving komatsu ducks also, then left when morgan est bought amec out

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
hi rob,did you work for oakes, i had 2 years for them .... was on their hitatchi 370 long reach at preston for 3 months on a slurry wall in 2002 i think, had the welder in every 3 days to weld the cracks that kept appeering.
did 3 years for amec on the london airports driving komatsu ducks also, then left when morgan est bought amec out

Small world Chris, yes I was with Oakes for about 5yrs, over 1 of them on the MAN lowloader and moved that Hitachi 370 several times, I took it into Freckleton ( Preston ) after it got stretched an extra 6' but that must have been around 1999/00 as I went on my own late 2001.
This is before Oakes got in on the act.

Hit 370 01.jpg

It got shortened at some point
note baffle plate on boom, but stretched again which was after this picture and when I took it back to Preston, I think Martin ( Gold tooth ) was on it.

long reach 03.jpg

Last edited:

chris-law

i went back to the same job as martin was holding out for more cash,still had that plate on when i drove it... but the slurry still went all over the cab.

saw goldtooth 3 years ago on a duck ot stanstead when i was on for amec , he was working for killorey ( no sure how to spell it) but was not happy with the money.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
i went back to the same job as martin was holding out for more cash,still had that plate on when i drove it... but the slurry still went all over the cab.

saw goldtooth 3 years ago on a duck ot stanstead when i was on for amec , he was working for killorey ( no sure how to spell it) but was not happy with the money.

See my signature......:D........ Hes on the ground now for Frankie Solutions.
small world and Tim C that you probably answered to is with J D Demolition :drinkup

chris-law

See my signature......:D........ Hes on the ground now for Frankie Solutions.
small world and Tim C that you probably answered to is with J D Demolition :drinkup

im saying nothing:rolleyes: , did you work with sonny allinson... i had 9 months with him at kings lynn on hire to costain... he nearly drove me mental.... and i thought bradford jack was bad:eek:

rob , are you the bloke they called drawbridge , i heard two drivers left before i started to go on thier own with ducks , good operators i was told:notworthy

you keeping busy in your neck of the woods, our hire is finished around xmas time but most of the machine are still out at the moment

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
im saying nothing:rolleyes: , did you work with sonny allinson... i had 9 months with him at kings lynn on hire to costain... he nearly drove me mental.... and i thought bradford jack was bad:eek:

rob , are you the bloke they called drawbridge , i heard two drivers left before i started to go on thier own with ducks

:lmao:lmao:guns NO! I was the Bob, he was the Rob :D
I know of Sonny but never met, now, Bradford yes we go back a few years :thumbsup