• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My name is Doug and i have a problem.

nowing75

I got a 21" swing lathe lodge and Shipley for. $700 bucks on eBay because the dc motor did not work. I just put a ac motor in they I got for $30 on eBay the year before. Have never made a cut yet that it even slowed down

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I still got a couple thousand pounds to go before I'm overweight. The nice d.o.t lady told me that during our 45 minute interrogation, oops Meant conversation.

Randy88

Nearly 20 years ago, I bought a gap bed railroad lathe, I've moved it three times and this last time its now in its final home, took us three days to figure out how to get it there which was last summer, still don't have it hooked up yet though, been too busy. Shops and service trucks are never big enough to hold all of what one has or wants to have.

A long time ago, I was buying large older machines from a guy who had a phrase I'll never forget, he claimed he was a "collector and connoisseur of antiquated antiquities" his wife called him a junk dealer who bought and sold scrap equipment, guess its all in the perspective of how you view one's "stuff".

okiebindernut

Hi, my name is Judd, and I too, have a problem. I start to think that I am getting better and then the Snap-On man shows up, and I fall off the wagon again. Like others have said you can't have too many tools. I keep a ton of Chinese wrenches around so that I can heat, bend, and cut them into the shape I need. I will also never get rid of an old tool box. No matter how bent up they are. I just keep them at home to put the tools that I know I will probably never need again in.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A long time ago, I was buying large older machines from a guy who had a phrase I'll never forget, he claimed he was a "collector and connoisseur of antiquated antiquities" his wife called him a junk dealer who bought and sold scrap equipment, guess its all in the perspective of how you view one's "stuff".
That's like the difference between an airplane and a "gentleman's aeronautical conveyance" ..................