• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new 953C

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Might say as i do sometimes.Paul Harvey !!!!!! "The rest of the story"

Glad you have at least been able to carry on with you life.Thanks for sharing.Take care.:usa

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
you can run our liebherr 621....i hate, hate, hate the controls in that...joystick steer and joystick bucket

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator
you can run our liebherr 621....i hate, hate, hate the controls in that...joystick steer and joystick bucket

I would have to learn how to say Liebherr correctly before I could run it though.:D

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
It's easy to pronounce.... just say John Deere.. ha ha More accurately a john deere track loaders pappy... but it doesnt roll off the tongue real well.

d6peg: You can run them with one foot, I do it when im feeling lazy. Thats a pretty wild story but you find a lot of those in this industry.

I learned to run Dozer from a one legged guy, and his working leg didnt work so well. He had an old D8K setup for all hand controls. I learned to run dozer with my hands, throttle, steering, gear shift and hand clutch on left hand, blade on the right.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
It's easy to pronounce.... just say John Deere.. ha ha More accurately a john deere track loaders pappy... but it doesnt roll off the tongue real well.

d6peg: You can run them with one foot, I do it when im feeling lazy. Thats a pretty wild story but you find a lot of those in this industry.

I learned to run Dozer from a one legged guy, and his working leg didnt work so well. He had an old D8K setup for all hand controls. I learned to run dozer with my hands, throttle, steering, gear shift and hand clutch on left hand, blade on the right.

Does he still have that machine,or is it around.I would like to see a few picture of how the controls was set up.:usa

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator
I have often thought about putting a de-accelerator switch on the dozer control, something like a 4 wheeler throttle. It looks like with the electronic throttle it could be done. I dont have any problem running a machine with a foot operrated throttle, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to use the foot brake with my good leg instead of using my prothesis.

Construct'0, I had a left foot deccel pedal designed so I wouldnt have to turn sideways in the seat and when we owned our 938g loader we equiped it with a left foot throttle also.

My apologies to Burnout, didnt aim to hijack his thread.

Legdoc

d6peg, small world, I am a Prosthetist and I certainly know what you have been through. It sounds as though things have worked out for you. In my line of work it is always good to hear a success story.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Yeah its sitting at my grandparents place in Ontario now.... unlucky for you I'm 3700kms away.

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator
Thanks for the kind words Legdoc.
Just got me a new socket made and I hate it, every since I've had it, my back has hurt.