• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my new D7E *pics*

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
With the fuel prices today bet a lot of people wished they still had their old Cats.The best part you work with them more than on them.No $100+ hourly Computer Mechanics to pay.

Hjolli

An Enclosed Cab Would Make It Anything But Perfect.

A great looking D7E, Direct Drive is a Big Plus on an Older Machine.

Forgive me but in my part of the world where horizontal rain/snow is quite common you would last maybe half an hour on any machine with open rops. (in fact most European machines have had enclosed cabs for the last 50 yrs or so)

LakeRat1

Occupation
Retired From: Farming, Oil Field Service Co., Serv
It looks like that Old 7E has had a Good Life, looks to have been well cared For over the Years, Realy a Nice Looking Machine

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Forgive me but in my part of the world where horizontal rain/snow is quite common you would last maybe half an hour on any machine with open rops. (in fact most European machines have had enclosed cabs for the last 50 yrs or so)

Actually these old girls were quite comfortable when you tarped them in and turned the fan blades to blow the heat back on you. You could operate in -30 temperatures without your parka, just keep your hat on! With the pup engine they would start most days..and this was long before Arctic Oils were on the market. The local municipality bought one similar to this one but with the heavier dozer blade. At the time it worked out to a dollar a pound purchase price. I spent many hours on that tractor and a similar unit with no dozer but pulling a 435 scraper. Those were the days! :)