• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My Offsider

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
We have had some pics and discussion on younguns on machinery before. Here is my "Sidey" down on the farm digging some trench for irragation piping......it makes going broke all worth it:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1307090020.jpg
    1307090020.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 623
  • 1307090026.jpg
    1307090026.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 628
  • 1307090027.jpg
    1307090027.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 617
  • 1307090028.jpg
    1307090028.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 618
  • 1307090030.jpg
    1307090030.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 615

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Going broke? You mean paying for that well drillin' rig you got set up there?

Looks like your boy is having a blast, and doing some good work. Ain't gonna be long he's going to kick you out of the seat. :D

Great pics Squizzy. ;)

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
For the first time ever I went some yards away from the machine to take a pic...I'm normally standing within reach of the safety lock outs.....I was nervous as hell but he didn't miss a beat. He has been standing between my knees on the machine operating the pilots for years. That way I could put the seatbelt around both of us....but at 7 years old he's just getting too big. I guess Fathers have to learn to let go the reins gradually.

Attachments

• 1307090032.jpg
    1307090032.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 849
  • 1307090031.jpg
    1307090031.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 618

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Thanks ATCO...I took money off those roughnecks:D They bet me $20 that the 3 tonner would pull out a 6' x 6' concrete septic (I should say cow poo tank).

...and yeah...he's looking to pinch my seat anyday...I'm trying to talk him into becoming a professional golfer...or a doctor or something:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1307090009.jpg
    1307090009.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 1307090011.jpg
    1307090011.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 619
  • 1307090016.jpg
    1307090016.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 622
  • 1307090017.jpg
    1307090017.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 658

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Man I'm as proud as you are right now, grinning like a mule eatin' briars! That's one hell-of-a good trench and windrow! The boy is jammin'! I love it! :notworthy

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Man I'm as proud as you are right now, grinning like a mule eatin' briars! That's one hell-of-a good trench and windrow! The boy is jammin'! I love it! :notworthy

Yep..he's a lot neater than the old man (see my work below:eek:)...and smarter, soon as the weather broke up he was off..leaving me in the rain ditch diggin:pointhead

Attachments

• 1307090040.jpg
    1307090040.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 607

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Going broke? Your Wallet may be empty, but that smile is worth a million bucks... :thumbsup

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Ha, I see it now! I looked the pics over again and discovered something. Your boy is doing a heck of a good job because the dog (that you left on a jobsite) is training him. The dog is the supervisor, and he's making sure your boy does it correctly. Good dog. :tong

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Ha, I see it now! I looked the pics over again and discovered something. Your boy is doing a heck of a good job because the dog (that you left on a jobsite) is training him. The dog is the supervisor, and he's making sure your boy does it correctly. Good dog. :tong

Quite correct. here is the super showing the rig crew how to drill

Attachments

• 1307090025.jpg
    1307090025.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 608

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, I'm sure you are proud of your son (who is playing in the dirt like the old man instead of being a doctor) as I would be myself. :tong But I must say as well...you have a very special dog there. :)

heavylift

cool !!! got the kid using joysticks for digging instead of shooting aliens from space..:)

Better get him some lessons with Tiger.... I think I read he's the first pro athlete to become a BILLIONAIRE !!!!!!!

jm62

Not trying to hijack your posting, but I had to say that boy is doing great must have had a great teacher.
My 5 year old grand son is already trying to kick my big butt out of my skidsteer. The boy has already figured out the controls and can run the machine but only with me in it.:D

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
wow squizzz, yer boy is going to be a great hand one day, keep up the good work! Good on ya mate!

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
...and yeah...he's looking to pinch my seat anyday...I'm trying to talk him into becoming a professional golfer...or a doctor or something:rolleyes:

Excellent pics, Squizzy, and speaking from experience, if the young feller wants to be a digger operator, let him dig, you both will be much happier, besides, he's doing a much neater job already.:cool2

I see you are using PVC, I was just wondering why that instead of poly and is there much of a price difference?

It is certainly looking nice and fresh and green down on the farm.

Rn'R.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Excellent pics, Squizzy, and speaking from experience, if the young feller wants to be a digger operator, let him dig, you both will be much happier, besides, he's doing a much neater job already.:cool2

I see you are using PVC, I was just wondering why that instead of poly and is there much of a price difference?

It is certainly looking nice and fresh and green down on the farm.

Rn'R.

G,day RnR, I just got back from down south again....the PVC was picked up at a clearing sale for next to nought!. It was mostly new but had been sitting around for a few years. In 4" from the bore head to the dam is 500 metres all downhill so it will be lucky to see 2 psi...so pressure wasn't a big issue. Some of the PVC was glue together and some bell mouth with o-rings and grease.

I got it about half installed and then got rained out. Went an got the young bloke going on the trench for the sparkie which was good cause he did the digging while I did attitude adjustment on all the Dugites and Tigers that wanted to come in the shed with me.

JDOFMEMI

Not bad for 7 Squizzy

I have seen guys that claimed to be operators for years that could not dig a ditch like that.

Best way to make a hand out of him is to start early.

Yukon Digger

Great pictures Squizzy. Nice to see kids outdoors doing things with their Dad. He'll grow up to be a fine man I'm sure. I helped a friend spread some gravel last month and let his little guy run the machine for about 10 minutes. Now the kids saving his pennies to buy a 'go hoe' as he calls it. It's up to us to get the young folks on the right path. Good work.

I have to say I've got some envy that you can work your machine all year. It's been as cold as -15C at nights in the Yukon and the digging days for my machine are numbered. Hard to see it sitting there all winter. In a couple years when the house is paid off I might just head down there in the winters. I'd run a machine for free if there was a cold beer and a bbq at the end of the day!

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the comments.

I must admit to never having given thought to the winter time issues with the northern hemisphere operators until I joined this forum. I just can't imagine how it works out for you guys. We complain when we get a few days rain.

Last two days have been the hottest for about 4 months and it nearly killed us. Hah!...another couple of months and we will be calling those days nice cool weather.