• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My pride and joy Pete 379 Stolen with lowboy

Fastdirt

Glad to hear you got relief from having them out. Theres nothing worse than dealing with pain all day when you're trying to be focused and get things done. So when he hot wired it did he do any damage, or any other damage that you can see?

Well, the dash lights don't work and only the hi beams work now. I was trying to mess with it and the guy who owns the shop demanded I stop and said he will fix it all. The doors are a mess from the scraper, but they will get them painted. I didn't like my stickers anyway and wanted them on the battery box. They got the trailer in the shop today to sand and repaint it so that's good news and it sounds like the truck is about to get started on too. It's at the other shop across the street now with several cameras. He said the police came today and said they found some drug scales and residue to pin on him too. They should've brought in the K9, but he had to know we were out there with the sheriff.

I had the camera phone out http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKflhphJrEk&feature=share&list=UUwmjLTz3Ih_Uk7akHrTTieA

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Good thing that you got your ride back.
Too bad for you and me and everyone else that the cockroach is still alive. He'll be out soon and he'll target you or someone else with an even easier target next time. Every thief needs to have a 12 ga. slug embedded deep into his brain. And yes, If I knew I could get away with it without worrying about anymore jail time, there would be one dead beaner and one dead cracker......
The only thing saving these two thieves after ripping me off.....was the law. Go figure...compton.jpg

nedly05

Well, the dash lights don't work and only the hi beams work now. I was trying to mess with it and the guy who owns the shop demanded I stop and said he will fix it all. The doors are a mess from the scraper, but they will get them painted. I didn't like my stickers anyway and wanted them on the battery box. They got the trailer in the shop today to sand and repaint it so that's good news and it sounds like the truck is about to get started on too. It's at the other shop across the street now with several cameras. He said the police came today and said they found some drug scales and residue to pin on him too. They should've brought in the K9, but he had to know we were out there with the sheriff.

I had the camera phone out http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKflhphJrEk&feature=share&list=UUwmjLTz3Ih_Uk7akHrTTieA

He really made a mess of the doors, hopefully your mechanic can get the wiring straight. I'd be paranoid as hell now if I were him that someone was going to do this again. Hopefully he gets your paint and wiring done soon so you can get back to making money with it!!

This thief really blows my mind thinking that this was OK and he was going to get away with it, not surprised he had drug parafanalia laying around.

d9gdon

At least it sounds like your mechanic is trying to set everything straight with you. Maybe you can claim lost revenue with his insurance company.

Dualie

kudos to your mechanic for doing everything right. Maybe time to look into a self powered tracking solution

Fastdirt

Take the nice young lady out for lunch.

Kelly

I gave the lady a couple hundred bucks, but felt that was pennies to the loss I almost suffered. She emailed me tell me they came and got a stolen Harley out of his garage a couple nights ago. The shop said they were going to give her some more reward, but she doesn't want it. She hates a thief too. She had a new four wheeler stolen and knows the feeling too well. She did say that the word is that it's a theft ring and bigger than what we think. I called the sheriff's office to follow up and they never called me back. Haven't heard from them.

Pete, I feel you on that. I just wanted five minutes with him.....heck I'd take one minute. They pulled him out of the cop car and he was so out of shape he was falling to the ground and wollering around like a pig on his stomach. They walked him about five feet in front of me to his garage and I felt the blood and started to see red with physical rage. I was thinking about the hurt that I would feel in a day or a week and for years if he got away with it. I thought how much work I spent on that truck with a headlamp till 1 a.m. at night working on that thing with all my profit. That kind of anger can get you in big trouble. We'll see what happens in our justice system.

Fastdirt

Lots of theft happening in on the Alabama boarder by I10

It must be a good trade being a lying stealing thief. Turns out this Maxwell Mitchell guy who stole my Peterbilt and parked it in his yard and went inside to go to sleep is not even going to get charged with my Peterbilt and lowboy. He had my license tag ring and his partners get away vehicle parked in his garage just 8 hours later and the Griffin police dept. is not going to charge him with anything. There is no punishment in this country. A dirtbag criminal already has a horrible life so a little time in jail is nothing to them anyway. Disgusting. I only got my truck back because of facebook.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
That sucks!!!

It seems the only way to get justice with dirtbags these days is to catch them in the act and prosecute them yourself.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Why in the hell are they not going to charge him with stealing your Pete?

Fastdirt

Why in the hell are they not going to charge him with stealing your Pete?

The detectives never even called me. I called a couple times and had to leave messages and they finally called me back and told me they couldn't charge him. They said because he wiped his fingerprints off and nobody saw him in the truck that they had no proof. The neighbors heard it come in at 3 a.m., but didn't see him.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The detectives never even called me. I called a couple times and had to leave messages and they finally called me back and told me they couldn't charge him. They said because he wiped his fingerprints off and nobody saw him in the truck that they had no proof. The neighbors heard it come in at 3 a.m., but didn't see him.

I feel your pain and understand the frustration. The man was found in possession of your stolen property with a criminal record and they can't charge him because they have no "proof". It's a sad state of affairs, the society we live in.:(