• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mystery pieces II

towbar

Occupation
retired
always some leftovers looking for a home (Deutz-F6L912 in 1991 DF-dx-6.05 tractor)...

The gasket-kit leftover is probably for some auxiliary equipment my engine doesn't have, but the other one looks like maybe a flywheel shim and if it is then that would mean a no-ifs-or-buts clutch and flywheel re-install. I see no trace of it in the engine parts or service manuals that I have, and I have no tractor manual.

myst-2024-02-22.png
Anyone familiar with either? TIA

56wrench

Nope, but if it did not have a shim under the flywheel or under the capscrews when you took it apart, it shouldn’t need one.

towbar

Occupation
retired
I wasn't the one who took the clutch off, I might have been the one who took the flywheel off but I can't remember. It seems to me like the crank hub bolt pattern was not even-spaced, I'll try to find a good picture or blueprint of one, unless I can be positive it all has to come off. All the washer prints are clearly visible on one side of the shim around the bolt holes so it don't look like the flywheel was being shimmed out with it, as far as it going maybe on the clutch side of the thick and beefy flywheel, why would a shim be there at all? I'm confused.

56wrench

Maybe to prevent the capscrews from protruding too far through the crank flange and rubbing on the rear main seal?

towbar

Occupation
retired
I'll try that (888 868 2098), thanks.

Meanwhile found a picture of the crank business-end, not even close...

eng-boltsinrearsealcover-800.jpg

so now I don't even have a suspect anymore, for all I know the ring might even be from the tractor and not the engine :-(

towbar

Occupation
retired
The clutch disk has a similar pattern in the center but to verify the size and bolt pattern I have to remove the clutch. I had the complete clutch-assembly rebuilt so IF the ring is from there then either it was removed by the rebuilder and sent to me as un-needed, or I had removed it before sending the old assembly in for rebuild.