• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

N14 Cummins Fuel In Coolant

adg

I'm working on an old N14 that has fuel in the coolant, I pulled all the injectors and pressure tested the system, but I didn't see any coolant at the injector cups. I even left the pressure tester on it overnight, still no coolant at cups and I only lost 1 PSI on the gauge after sitting for about 16 hours. Is there somewhere else fuel can mix with coolant that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Truck Shop

Sometimes injector sleeves only weep when engine is at temp. Is this engine equipped
with a fuel heater? Some are. Also could have a cracked head.

adg

Sometimes injector sleeves only weep when engine is at temp. Is this engine equipped
with a fuel heater? Some are. Also could have a cracked head.
No fuel heater equipped, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. It is either a cracked head or cups only leaking at operating temp. We tore it down warm after it ran in the yard for a little while, but not at full operating temp. I may pull heads and send them out or I'm considering just slapping some remans on to avoid further downtime

Truck Shop

Anymore-in some cases these company's are offering new instead of reman, the price depending
on brand, model is about the same and no core.

The fact your in Texas-M&D Distributing, where I'm at it's Diesel Cast West Portland Ore.
Same Company. I was just quoted ball park $725.00 for big cam heads, no core.
It is either a cracked head or cups only leaking at operating temp
I have run into that before on high mile and aged engine.