• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

necaise p

left track is real slow and weak if u put boom down to pick machine up u have to move the left lever a little bit to pick machine swing is real slow and the bucket moves slow the right track moves good

there two hoses about one inch from pump to valve body thinking maybe the one from pump two going to valve body may be collapsed being nothing on pump two is working right

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok. Going back a bit. Can you swap servo hoses from boom to arm or bucket to swing at the main control valve? what we're trying to establish is whether you have a servo issue or a pump issue or a controller issue. You may just have poor drain at the pump controller

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
What would happen if for example you pulled boom up to the end of Boom travel held it there and then tried any function on your left hand stick would your function speed be increased

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Which pump was bad before the rebuild and is it the noisy one now? Many of the shops now days think that rebuilding a hydraulic pump involves installing bearings and seals only. They don't know about lapping the piston and barrel assembly to the seal plate nor do they have the measuring tools to check the piston and barrel fit.

pump two is the one whining I when in the pump first and didn't see nothing wrong then I pulled it back out an sent it to a hydraulic shop and let him know what it was doing when he got in to it he called me an said he seen nothing to make it whine he resealed it and I have the same thing now

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
On the end of each spool, you have spool caps. On the end of the cap you have a small line which should come from your remote control valve. When you stroke the joystick, that sends servo signal to spool. Spool shifts and allows pump oil to go out to do work, at the same time sends signal to the pump to increase displacement.
I guess it's time for gauges, are you equipped?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, all those little hoses going to the spool caps are servo or pilot, but we're past that now.
Now you say only R travel works properly. That sucks. Something must be bleeding oil back to tank. I think you'll need gauges. A pair with 7k psi should be plenty. You want to see discrepancies between pumps, what functions yield correct pressure. You'll also need to find cycle times for your machine. We have to start at the beginning and work through. Otherwise, you're wasting money on parts and labor for nothing. You stated that you have the factory service manual. That's a big plus.
If you wanna tackle this, myself and others will help you along. I will preach safety a lot. I mean no offense, I just don't know your skill and comfort level. I don't want anyone getting hurt following my instructions.