• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need a good source for plug&play LED strobes

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
i bought a new pickup and always try to go hideaways on my personal rig but last ford i had a lot of troubles with the LED strobes in the headlights developing moisture.....

so i didnt even attempt drilling them on the dodge and planned on using solid state headlight flashers...... but they are a ground switched system and computer controlled with no relays so there went that idea:rolleyes:

what im wanting on my new truck is cablight strobes (led) i cant figure out where to get them or any reviews of them, i would rather not spend 3 days tearing a new pickup apart either was hoping for something plug n play, due to most of the new ambulances being super duty's i would figure there is something easier out there ????????

i've included a pic of my dodge as you can see the whelen Tir3's in the grill and hideaways in the fog's arent all that visible at a side angle. and after i put the bull bumper on it got worse.

the white ford has 6 tube type strobes and you cant even tell they are on.

just looking to do something extra special on the black truck and any help is appreciated

pj

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 335

powerjoke

Occupation
just did, they dont have anything really plug and play, i might have to go with grille lights or something

check this out. this is what i would like but i cant find anyone that's installed a kit before to see how many hours it takes, i would guess with moon roof and side airbags etc. it would be a PITA but i dunno

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sackA_oObc

pj

HATCHEQUIP

PJ don't know about the fords but the dodges starting I think in 2006 you don't want to hook anything into the factory light harness they have some crazy modules working the headlights

powerjoke

Occupation
i totally agree with you there they are a nightmare lol, supposedly they was coming out with a police series that was going to allow and adapt to plug n play but they've yet to do it as far as i know

just to get my center light on the bumper working i had to route it through the foglights, then to get the xenon foglights to work i had to run them through a relay off the running lights with a dummy lightbulb to apply resistance so the comp wouldnt think the bulb was burnt out.

pj

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 278

FSERVICE

look online at Galls, they make all the light kits for police/fire trucks;) very helpful tech dept also