• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need advice on buying a telehandler

muskoka guy

Occupation
builder
We have an 06 tb460b. Am very happy with it after 7 years. The enclosed cab, joystick controls. 3 way steering and other features make it very user friendly The 360 is the same machine with 2000 lbs less capacity at 7000lbs. These have a wide variety of options available for the aux haudralics from forks, buckets, remote control manlift platform, sweeper and others. We paid well over 100000 dollars new, and I see them in the forties now with low hrs . Cat parts distribution is good. The only bad thing is all the computer electronics on these machines. We havent had any trouble with it, but my brother in law is a cat mechanic, and he says you need a computer to diagnose almost any problem. I am guessing almost any modern piece of equipment would be the same. Ours has outriggers as well which adds to your reach lifting capacity. We install lots of steel beams with ours. If I am questioning the machines ability at reach to do the job, I will zoom the load out along hovering just off the ground. If the machine starts to lift the rear end, I observe the mark on the boom and subtract a good margin for safety from that. Better to find out where your tipping point is when its hovering above the ground. That way you dont end up upside down and kill someone. I have seen a few tipped over with people trying to boom too much too far. good luck.

HeavyPB

Im working on a Cat TH63 that a tech just replaced two hoses on. Since changing the hoses, it has no hydrauli functions other than drive, steer and cab leveling, all other joystick functions are not working. Any Ideas?

skyking1

Please post a thread about it, rather than bumping up another. Put the serial number in there so that those with access to documents can help.