• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Expert Advise Kubota SLV75 vs Case TR310 Purchase

Bayrat

Occupation
Dig Safely Field Representative
Hi gang! I need some assistance from the experts, I'm in the process of specing and pricing track loaders for my property. All work is off road on hills, brush cutting and clearing. I'm pricing the three brands in my area which are Bobcat, Kubota and Case, all good dealers. The Bobcat is not competitive so far.

I can get a new Kubota SLV75 for 55K or a new 2019 Case TR310 for 50K. The 310 I would need to purchase in Pa, the local dealer is way too high. Local dealer has a 2018 TR270 rental with 172 hours and wants 45K. No new units in stock, all sold out. The Kubota specs very close to the Case 310 and offers the hydraulic controls rather than EH. I have owned a Case backhoe and mini excavator but also own a Kubota tractor. The Kubota is a 2001 and other than maintenance, the only repair was to install a new battery in 2013. The Case mini blew a seal in the hydraulic drive, what a pain to fix. Thankfully the folks here helped me with the technical aspect.

Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated o_O

Bayrat

Occupation
I'm going to check out a new Kubota tomorrow, both track and wheel models.

Bayrat

Occupation
Yesterday was an eye opener! I tested a 2020 Kubota SLV75 with the wide tracks. The climate system was easy to use and I did not have any issues with vents blowing where it was bothersome. The air ride seat is great! Hydraulics are responsive, just like my older, straight hydro non EC machines and I appreciated that aspect. Loved the operator's door too. Engine access appears to be somewhat restricted, however, the radiator does tip out to make it easier.
The cab tilts back for access to all the hydraulic lines (which are color coded). Rear visibility is not the best, that was one minor beef. The only other issue I have is the foot throttle, it's a bit too close.

I looked at the newly designed tracks available for snow use. The salesman is going to get me a price for swapping them out for the standard tracks. Or, I may just change them over in the winter. I was unable to locate the cabin air filter, suppose it's buried in there someplace. The machine has the auxiliary high output hydraulics.

The area rep for Case lowered the price on a new 310 by $1500 yesterday, making it less expensive than the Kubota. However, Kubota offers 0% for 60 months, so the payments actually come to within $6 of each other. I don't like the swing out operator's door, so that might be the deal breaker for me. This now all depends upon the final numbers from the Kubota salesman, if he doesn't attempt to play with the numbers of financing vs rebate I'll go with that machine. 20200417_121146.jpg

Bayrat

Occupation
Case Zone Rep says that Kubota has had many engine failures due to the high heat generated by the catalyst regen process.

Tags

Case Zone Rep says that Kubota has had many engine failures due to the high heat generated by the catalyst regen process.

I have heard of no engine failures in the 75’s, I have heard of a lot of problems with the emissions on the 95. You also have to take into consideration who’s giving out the info.....

Bayrat

Occupation
Yeaaa.. that too Tags, the sources.