• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help finding track chains rayco T275

Iron Horse

a mate of mine has a plasma cutter and he said it would not cost much to cut new holes in the plates. hopefully will have it all sorted by the end of next week.

Have a good look at the bottom of the plates for fret marks caused by the chain links . If they are present the new links will not match up the marks and you will never keep the plates tight .

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Thank's OCR .

At a 100% increase in steel cost that $8000 would pay for 8 tonnes extra steel .

Ive been looking at Arwi (Fecon) , FAE and Seppi . Although , watching them working they are far from fast and economical . Sure they can do the work but a big tree will take an hour to mulch . I don't think i'd like to be the one paying a couple of hundred dollars to get rid of one tree . I'm starting to think along a different line for scrub clearing . If i bought another tractor like the one i have . I can reverse the steering consul and put a mulcher on the 3pl and a log skidder grapple on the other end . I could then cut the trees off at ground level and then skid them into a clearing for piling with my other tractor with it's tree and rock grapple for burning .
the steel excuse is a joke although not a funny joke.
flail mowers are only good at mowing scrub and small trees, no good for general clearing, that slasher you looked at would be good for clearing, as for burning, they lock you up for that in nsw, definately not an option here.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Have a good look at the bottom of the plates for fret marks caused by the chain links . If they are present the new links will not match up the marks and you will never keep the plates tight .
got the price from CAT today for tracks for my T275 rayco. rayco wanted $30,000 for a set of chains, price from CAT dealer for D5 track chains which are the same $11,000, yep CAT are $19,000 cheaper..
the price from CAT for new chains,top and bottom rollers, new plates and sprockets was $20,246....
i bet rayco dont sell many track chains..

Iron Horse

That's great , quite a saving . I thought D5 would be close . I don't get their logic , if they put a reasonable mark up on their chains everyone would buy them . As it is , everyone goes looking for an alternative .

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
i dont understand thier logic either, all of the spares i have priced off them seem incredibly expensive, i would never buy a new rayco machine, i hope this machine works well when i get it going, hopefully it will be ready for work by christmas.(this year)

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
How did those chains go Pete ? Have you tried it out yet ?
bit of a marathon Reg,
CAT can supply D5 chains that fit, mower head was in very poor condition, it is away being rebuilt, all tips and holder were stuffed, some of the tips were welded to the holders, all the bolts holding the tips in were welded, the previous owner had a passion for welding everything, i am a poor welder however his efforts make me look like a tradesman,balance was real bad,,the whole mower head was in poor condition, full of cracks with crap weld on top of crap weld on top of crap weld etc, have been fairly busy the last couple of months so have not started on tracks rollers etc, soon as we have a few quiet days will jack it up and start pulling off tracks rollers, sprockets.circuit board that controls all fuctions needs replacing, previous owner bypassed circuit board when elecrical problems arose, new circuit board was $12,000 , bought a reconditioned one for $4,500 from rayco, auto elec has to fit that and return wiring to standard, guards on bottom of track frame have been welded on, will have to grind them off and no doubt original studs will be broken off so they will have to be removed, should be fun working upside down removing broken, rusted studs, belly plates bent and held on with a couple of bolts, there is plenty to do on it, i was hoping to have it finished by xmas, (now past) my new goal is end of h
june THIS YEAR.when i get it chocked up i will post some pics.

Last edited:

Iron Horse

Here you go Pete , provided they are long enough they would get your Rayco back on it's feet . Even if you have to have the bushes turned .

Attachments

• D5 Tracks ..jpg
    D5 Tracks ..jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 317

Bigfella1

Occupation
Vegetation Worker
Hi guys, been following the chatter on these Rayco mulchers and everyone seems to be having the same probs with the tracks, chains in particular. Has anyone successfully mounted a different set of chains on a T275 and if so, how are they holding up. We have 2 275s and 2 140s. The 140s are pretty good maintenance wise but the 275s are a mechanical headache with a thousand different problems and track chains being the biggest yet. We are at about 1250hrs on both 275s and the Berco chains are completely shot, links broken completely through but the bushes and sprockets are fine, maybe a bad batch of steel and poor casting as some of the links have holes 12mm deep in them.
Anyone seen this before?.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Hi guys, been following the chatter on these Rayco mulchers and everyone seems to be having the same probs with the tracks, chains in particular. Has anyone successfully mounted a different set of chains on a T275 and if so, how are they holding up. We have 2 275s and 2 140s. The 140s are pretty good maintenance wise but the 275s are a mechanical headache with a thousand different problems and track chains being the biggest yet. We are at about 1250hrs on both 275s and the Berco chains are completely shot, links broken completely through but the bushes and sprockets are fine, maybe a bad batch of steel and poor casting as some of the links have holes 12mm deep in them.
Anyone seen this before?.

hi begfella, have a look at the post <"rayco track wear" lot of info there and a guy from texas who knows a lot about tracks on raycos and other mulchers.

chansey

Occupation
Retired Project Engineering Manager
Track Chain Specs

Keeping costs under control is always a factor in owning heavy equipment. Here is a source for track chain specs http://www.scribd.com/doc/26102267/bulldozer-track-details so that you may be able to substitute.

I just went through a bearing search for my 1155E final drive. I found new surplus Timken Bearings at http://www.talonbearing.com at 60-80% off from dealer cost......$450.00 vs $187.00 & all was all shipped from stock. Also worked with me to save my axle shaft by grouping a cone and cup that was slightly smaller than the original so that the bull end of the shaft could be machined and reused. Dealer wanted $1050 and used was $875. Machine work is only $125.00

You can't get dirty if you don't get in the DIRT.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
i have found hyundai excavators good, i have purchased 3 new and 1 used, i have had a few small problems with 1 machine and back up from dealer is very poor, machines good, back up lousy.

Nationalmulcher

HI
Did you have any luck with track chains and sprockets for your Rayco T275. I think we have chains sorted but the sprocket we are still struggling with. Looking at the conversation it is a Berco carriage? Cheers