• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with bucket measurement

syndy

Occupation
Retired
I just bought a Ratchet Rake for my bucket on the 580SE. It's the big one, 5/8" thick by 72" It uses chain and binders to hold it on and I need to buy the chain. What I don't have is the bucket or backhoe, it's in my barn in NC. I need the measurement from the bottom front edge back and around to the top edge. It's the standard 82" bucket that came with the machine. I'll be using the rake in Aug and Sept to level out my driveway and prepare the area where I am building my house. I'll let you all know how it works out.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
No Bowen it is this one. It's the Forestry Service model at the bottom. http://www.ratchetrake.com/. This thing is built good, very heavy steel and I hope it will do what I deed it to do. I'm moving a lot of dirt and have many foot ball size rocks when I try and back drag my bucket. So the bucket tends to hit a rock and jump over it. The rake should grab it I hope.

The Rip and Dig and the Ripper will not work in my soil. I wanted to buy it but the owner said it wouldn't work plus my machine was to big. Here is a link to a full size photo of what I am doing ot trying to do. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3734/9081049694_94dca3feb7_o.jpg

Last edited:

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
Here is a link to a full size photo of what I am doing or trying to do.

That's cool looking property. I don't have a dozer but wish I did at times.
I can dig and get dirt loose with the hoe, but I use a tractor with a box scrape to level it down.
I will try to get the measurement for you from mine later. Your hoe looks almost the same as mine.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Thanks shopguy. Bowen, my hoe is an 83-4 with 2700 hours on it. The Ratchet Rake is my box blade or at least I have to make my hoe think it is. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have a hoe and a 3 point on there too. The property is a Christmas tree farm, 5 acres (sitting at 3200 feet and 3 miles from the Blue Ridge Pky) that was in foreclosure. I have about 900 Fraser firs that the Ratchet Rake should rip out. The bucket does it but I have to back up and push the trunks out. The rake should grab it in one shot. I also have about 400 feet of creek with over grown black berries and junk weeds. When it's dry I should be able to use it to clear a lot of it. House comes first, we are going to try and get the slab area prepped this fall and pour the slab. Then next spring finish up the house.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Thought I'd put up a photo of this monster for anyone interested in or thinking about buying one. It is a heavy duty looking attachment IMO. This model is 5/8" thick and 72" long. Comes with the binders but not the chain. I have not used it yet but have great expectations. BTW, the right side teeth are 5" long and no I don't sell them. 9121211960_449407d529_z.jpg Here is a link to a full size image. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3689/9121211960_f2cea05970_o.jpg

jandsfarm

Occupation
Retired
Thanks for your post and info! This was what I needed for my backhoe. Tractor Supply did carry this item but will no longer, they sold it for $359, called their 800# and found one in a TS store in western PA for $49.99. Check your local store or call their HQ. Thanks again!

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Thanks for your post and info! This was what I needed for my backhoe. Tractor Supply did carry this item but will no longer, they sold it for $359, called their 800# and found one in a TS store in western PA for $49.99. Check your local store or call their HQ. Thanks again!

I did read about them discontinuing the Forestry model and selling them off real cheap. I did check but no such luck around here. You got a good deal.