• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need part for Clark C500 30 forklift

Homer Dokes

Occupation
Jack of all trades... pretty damn good at some.
Greetings,

Does anyone know where I might find a 'dust cover', the plastic plate which sits between the distributor and the distributor cap on a Y112 continental engine? This is the engine installed in a Clark C500-30 forklift. The 'dust cover' has crumbled due to age I'm sure and I can find nothing like it everywhere I have looked. I have a 3d printer and considered creating one from scratch however the one I have is so far gone that I can't get accurate measurements from it to create the 3d model.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Delmer

Hi Homer

When you go to the local auto parts place they want the make, model and year. With oddball equipment it's almost the opposite, the make, model, year, and even engine aren't always what you need to know. Electrical equipment in particular is often made by a "third party". Sooo, unless somebody knows this model off the top of their head, it would help if you get the numbers off of the distributor itself, and/or post a picture of the part and distributor.

mitch504

I agree, if you get all the numbers off the distributor you will be in a better position to find it.

I wish you would start a thread in the TGIF section about that 3D printer, I find that whole concept fascinating.

garyd33

That would be very cool if you could print a part out on your 3D printer, really interesting! I get all my parts from a company in the UK so don't think that would help you too much.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Greetings,

Does anyone know where I might find a 'dust cover', the plastic plate which sits between the distributor and the distributor cap on a Y112 continental engine? This is the engine installed in a Clark C500-30 forklift. The 'dust cover' has crumbled due to age I'm sure and I can find nothing like it everywhere I have looked. I have a 3d printer and considered creating one from scratch however the one I have is so far gone that I can't get accurate measurements from it to create the 3d model.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried a NAPA Store?

Or phone a Clark dealer with the complete serial number.