• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need some advice! (Champion grader)

Welder Dave

Unfortunately Dieselguy2011 hasn't been on the forum since 2011. Someone else might know about the relays though. It would be good to know.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
Unfortunately Dieselguy2011 hasn't been on the forum since 2011. Someone else might know about the relays though. It would be good to know.
Bummer Dave! I’ll find them I just fell on the ice and destroyed my (good) right shoulder and luck would have it my 740 went on the rag and only has even numbered gears now

Welder Dave

Can you see any codes on the trans. display? The Sierra Park 730A website has some manuals on it that may help. I don't know if there's a common solenoid or relay just for the odd numbered gears. Do you only have even odd numbered gears in reverse too? It would be good to know what causes these issues and the fixes because it could happen to my 730A and I'd be lost. That's why this forum is so good especially for common machines with problems.

Silveroddo

Not sure if any of this will do you any good but its the supplemental transmission electrical trouble shooting guide for the 8400 transmission. Solenoids in question look to be on page 4

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 3.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 4.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Welder Dave

Going by the links above, solenoid A is common for all odd numbered gears and solenoid B for all even numbered gears.

Welder Dave

Hopefully the display is readable. Mine is barely readable but I can see something on the display.