• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need some help

cornelio falk

I currently have a 928H caterpillar that I'm driving, it's a 2012, it works perfectly most of the time, except when it hits between 1500 to 2000 revelations per minute, then it starts to loose all power and just as quick regains it, almost as if the machine has hiccups, I've tried changing the fuel filter and still it does the same, air filters are good as well, and I've recently done an oil change on it, I'm stumped as to what it could be, figured I'd see if anyone else has had this problem amd how to get it running properly again, any help is appreciated

Welder Dave

Could it have a screen in the fuel line that is partially blocked or something in the fuel tank moving around that is blocking flow?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not familiar with 928H and my SIS access is not working.

But one thing I would be checking is the fuel cap. Most of the Cat machines I worked on had vented caps of one kind or another and if the screens or vent holes got plugged with dirt they could act like that