• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Needing some help. Bobcat T300 Drive motor leaking

windowbarn

Have tried finding some info on this but haven't been able too. Decided too start a new thread. have a 2005 Bobcat T300 that is leaking from the one drive motor. We took the track off and the sprocket and it appears too be leaking from where the sprocket mounting base is attached too the drive motor. I'm not sure where too go from here as everything else looks sealed. Could anyone point me in the right direction as too what might be the cause?? Not sure if there is some O rings or something in there that need replaced or what. I don't have a service manual so would really appreciate you alls help

windowbarn

We took those bolts off that hold that outer assembly on but am wondering if we need something special too pull that off or if we can just pull on it till it comes off?? Don't want too ruin anything

windowbarn

Talked with the bobcat guy today and he said the whole drive motor needs too come off and then they have too pull the two halves apart, as its most likely a bad seal or bearing. Maybe someone can answer this question of how hard it is too take that drive motor off?? Other than the obvious(track/sprocket) Any tricks. Thanks

xcmark

Occupation
construction
depending on whats wrong it could be big money to repair. You may want to look into a new drive motor and save the labor cost a by just installing a new one if the machine has a fair amount of hours on it. Best of luck

ctheddy

Not a good project to learn on, I believe that motor cost in the neighborhood of 8500$. Let the dealer do the work warranty it and watch it closely for leaks when they are done. This is big money if it fails.