• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Neil DD5500 paver

Vetech63

Just when I thought there wasn't a worse serviceable machine than a Weiler, along comes this Neil paver. Neil DD5500-1.jpg Neil DD5500-1.jpg Neil DD5500-2.jpg
Yeah, that's the left side hydraulic motor lying on the ground (and I DIDNT unbolt it and lay it there!) 1 bolt was still in the mounting flange but the rest of them are part of the pavement now. The drive planetary had grenaded a gear and wiped out the entire planetary.
Looks easy to remove huh...……...don't let that fool you. This thing has the undercarriage of a dam tank and there is no EASY way to get this out. I managed to remove the planetary drive by removing the mounting bolts between the mounting plate and the track pads (otherwise, it required dropping the entire track frame assembly.) I will add pics of the explosion later tonight.
This does lead to a parts issue I am seeing a lot more of...…...which I am starting in the General Forum.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Don’t you wish you could get the engineer that designed this and stuff his butt under there and see how it is in the real world.:mad: