• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New CAT 313 next gen

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Hello all,

Took delivery of a brand new 2022 CAT 313 next gen today.

First question is how to override the seat belt alarm. Damn thing is persistent, and machine wont move without it on.

Ken

Hanco

We got one three weeks ago , ours doesn’t have a seat belt alarm. I wonder is that something new ? Ours was in Canada late last year . Whether that makes a difference or not ….. Keith

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
We got one three weeks ago , ours doesn’t have a seat belt alarm. I wonder is that something new ? Ours was in Canada late last year . Whether that makes a difference or not ….. Keith

That is really weird. From what we can tell, that seat belt has to be on or nothing moves. You can't even navigate the screen. Between the screen barking at you, and the alarm scrawled across the screen, you have no choice. So wrap it around the back of the seat and buckle it.

Süleyman

Hi all.
Nothing is more valuable than human life. CATERPILLAR cares about operator safety. I think you have to wear your seat belt. Dozens of operators die every year maybe because of this.

ecnorton2001

Congratulations on the new machine! Modern safety features can be a PITA sometimes. I guess you will need to wear it, buckle it, or find a way to complete the circuit as when it is buckled.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Hi all.
Nothing is more valuable than human life. CATERPILLAR cares about operator safety. I think you have to wear your seat belt. Dozens of operators die every year maybe because of this.
Pretty sure they are a lot more concerned about liabilities than the safety of an operator ....