• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Cat 963C

Kman9090

We had the same low power problem with our C's as well. We had Cat come out and turn the horsepower up on them.

Loaderman2

Occupation
loader operator
Yes you arent the only one with that problem I have that problem to my loader has no power it wilnot get a full bucket of dirt with out a lot of working the bucket. When you step on the pedals the motor revs up and when you step on the pedal all the way the oppisite track does not go into in reverse. The service guy at work told me you have to reset the presure on the pumps at a like 500 to 800 hours because after a while the pumps get more flow than presure so they need more presure than flow but my company has an retard as a shop foreman so they wont let him do that.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Yes you arent the only one with that problem I have that problem to my loader has no power it wilnot get a full bucket of dirt with out a lot of working the bucket. When you step on the pedals the motor revs up and when you step on the pedal all the way the oppisite track does not go into in reverse. The service guy at work told me you have to reset the presure on the pumps at a like 500 to 800 hours because after a while the pumps get more flow than presure so they need more presure than flow but my company has an retard as a shop foreman so they wont let him do that.

Actually most of the time a counter-rotating issue is simply adjusting the parameters of the steering system. Had the same C/R problem on the 73 a couple years ago. One side was able to be reset, the other side needed a new electronic switch which is a std. Cat actuator.

The 63C I was in last week had no shortage of power, getting a full bucket even with the quick attach was no problem. I know everyone rags on 63C's but the few I have tried weren't all that bad.