• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new cat excavator

shadow2

we are looking at adding a larger excavator to or fleet we have a 304e, 308c, 315c. and i was wondering what size machine is a good upgrade want to stay cat and were going to put a hammer on the machine. we do mostly residential work. but some of the homes were digging now have 15 foot deep basements.

started to look at the 320e found the 320lrr witch would be nice in tight areas but can it do the same work as the 320 and is a 320 a big enough jump up in size or should we go to a 324

thanks for the help

bigshow

321Dlcr is a good backhoe if you're looking for a fast and strong hoe in a nimble package.

heymccall

Having two 320lrr and a 321clcr, the 321 is very competent, but, the cab is narrow looking out the front, and it tips a little easier than the 320dlrr. Don't have any seat time in the 320ELRR, yet.
The 320DLRR will do everything a 322BL would do, only quieter and faster. A 324DL, of which we have two, is probably overkill.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I just bought a used '11 321DLR. I have owned a 321C in the past so I was familiar with it's size and capacity. One thing to consider if you can still find one is the 321's don't have emission after treatment equipment which was a big reason why I wanted that tractor.

Also the 321D cabs are bigger than the C model, more legroom.