• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Deere's

Deereman

I don't know if anyone has seen them or knows about them but I figured I would give you guys a heads up on the new 750K/850K. I don't have any picts yet but if any of you do you can post them up!! Seems deere is updating a few mre things as well. 605K,755K Loaders and 250G,290G, and 350G Excavators..

Last edited:

Deereman

Here is a pict of the 850K. Not to much different but a few things. Not digging they went back down the the 6068 :rolleyes:
850K.jpg

Last edited:

JTS51

Deereman;

Any insite if they will upgrade the 650J anytime soon. My dealer didn't know anything. I'm ordering for Spring delivery and am leaning toward the Case 850L mainly because of the engine 6.7 liter vs 4.5 liter and drawbar pull 40,000# vs 30,500#. Looks like the JD could use more power.

deerefan

Occupation
operator
Im guessin they are upgrading the 650, my boss is good friends with a salesmen he couldn't say ne thing but he suggested we wait a few months before buying a new one..

Deereman

Deereman;

Any insite if they will upgrade the 650J anytime soon. My dealer didn't know anything. I'm ordering for Spring delivery and am leaning toward the Case 850L mainly because of the engine 6.7 liter vs 4.5 liter and drawbar pull 40,000# vs 30,500#. Looks like the JD could use more power.
I haven't heard quite yet. I'm guessing they might go to the hydraulic fan, solid state system, and tiering up. All I can tell you is to demo one first. The 4045 is a very reliable and stout motor. There is a few things I could talk about but in the end its going to up to you and what you feel is right for you. Pm me if need be.

wsw

Sorry about your luck if your leaning towards the Case. Have you not noticed that they are not a huge seller? ever wonder why? Her is your 3 dozer options Cat, Komatsu and Deere

JTS51

So what is it owners or operators don't like about Case dozers? Is it bad engines, drives, hydraulics, controls, electrical or what? They sure measure up on paper. The price tag on the Case is 15% less than Deere. So unless somebody can specifically say this or that is awkward or low quality on the Case I would let money talk and deal with resale IF the time comes.

ZX850

I would start out with smaller undercarriage parts along with smaller overall blade components (pins/bushings, c-frame) focusing on less life out of these components. I had a friend who purchased a 650K the same time he purchased a 550J and in 5000 hours the only thing that they did to the 550J was put one undercarriage on it (again soil conditions in Ohio allow for approx 4,000 hours of U/C life)....the 650K had two bottoms under it and they were having to rebuild the blade....and yes both operators greased the machines every evening during cool down. Something else to keep in mind is that the 4045 engine is going to be significantly more fuel efficient than the larger 6.7 liter....remember on a dozer it is about weight and horsepower....if you have drawbar and horsepower but no additional weight you are not going to see any significant performance difference....other than burning more gallons/hour. I would tell you to demo them side by side and look at warranty etc....Case is NOT a Deere in performance, durability/reliability and that is shown in resale value....people pay more for the Deere because it holds up better (larger components and proven drive train). I would be leery of the Fiat electrical system which is definitely not as sound as what Deere is running today.....just my few thoughts but I would tell you to compare auction values of machines that are 5 years old and look at what people are paying and it will tell you who is the best......resale value is driven by consumer confidence in durability and longevity and Deere has that based on the numbers.....the K and now L series Case are Fiat machines with Fiat components....remember what FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tony"

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
I think brand popularity in different areas come down to dealer support. In eastern Ohio Case has a large market share as does Indianapolis Indiana because their are large strong dealers in those areas.
I spend my time in a Deere yellow shop as I did a New Holland yellow shop and can tell you all machines have weakness and will break. The components used by Case are tried and proven and the electrical system is no more screwed up than Deere's over engineered electrical systems thay are so bent on useing. No matter what brand some people can break a anvil with a rubber hammer.
I dont know the statistics today but a few years back CNH had a lower warranty % than Deere.

Deere and Cat always sell for a premium but you also pay a premium up front.

Aruging machine brands is like aruging religion or engine oil brands so I will just stop here.

Deereman

I think brand popularity in different areas come down to dealer support. In eastern Ohio Case has a large market share as does Indianapolis Indiana because their are large strong dealers in those areas.
I spend my time in a Deere yellow shop as I did a New Holland yellow shop and can tell you all machines have weakness and will break. The components used by Case are tried and proven and the electrical system is no more screwed up than Deere's over engineered electrical systems thay are so bent on useing. No matter what brand some people can break a anvil with a rubber hammer.
I dont know the statistics today but a few years back CNH had a lower warranty % than Deere.

Deere and Cat always sell for a premium but you also pay a premium up front.

Aruging machine brands is like aruging religion or engine oil brands so I will just stop here.
I will agree with you on the first part. Deere and cat is strong down here along with some komatsu. My unlce has a place on near the kentucky illinios line and case is a little strong. Only from what i can find is because of the dealers and from the ag side. On the second part I will somewhat disagree. Even with case's little market share up there in that particular area. Deere will have more of a % b/c they sell a lot more then them. I would say 3 to 1 or even greater.. I've never heard a deere to be over engineered but modern is more of the right word. Liebherr is a different story!! Either Way Case or Deere is not a bad choice. I hate that fiat has gotten a hold of them thoe. Just like when new holland got ahold of ford:-(