• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New dual lift truck

K&W

I don't have one yet, I'm going round in round in regards to my cab and chassis (I'm trying to get one with a 2007 pre DPF emmissions motor),but I'm going with the ampliroll. I think the model number is 160/1900. It's the same size as the 2000, but only has a 50,000lb lifting capacity. Since I plan on pulling a pup trailer, I don't think I need the 65,000lb model, but I do need the longer frame to have the ability to pull 24' boxes.

jmac

That is very nice new Mack, :notworthy, someday when I get a new dump I plan on a Mack, best service around for me. Also the only dealer that has come to my shop and asked me to buy my next truck from them. Most of the larger trucking guys here use Macks. The Pete dealer has OTR only.

kamerad47

I never had a cable snap on me ! you have to inspect it, if its frayed & old replace it. I'm running a triaxle with a 75,000 lb american hoist picking up 20yds loads with broken concrete & dirt that hook wont pick them up!

K&W

I don't know about that. I think that americans biggest hoist set up is rated at 75,000 pounds, and the biggest hooklifts I've seen are rated at 65,000 pounds......so that's not that much difference....especially since you cant legally haul 65,000 pounds worth of payload on a single unit anywhere in the in the continental US!!!!:D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I don't know about that. I think that americans biggest hoist set up is rated at 75,000 pounds, and the biggest hooklifts I've seen are rated at 65,000 pounds......so that's not that much difference....especially since you cant legally haul 65,000 pounds worth of payload on a single unit anywhere in the in the continental US!!!!:D

Exxactly!:thumbsup In my neck of the woods I can carry 26 tons on my tri-axle dump, with an 18CY bed. This grosses right at 80K lbs and change which is right at the weight limit for secondary roads - forget about the Interstate. That gives you roughly 52K lb of payload on a tri-axle. I really don't see the need for a hook or cable to rated for more than that, unless you are primarily hauling off-road. In any small business money is always tight and paying for more capacity than you need is a waste of money.

Thanks for the compliments Jmac!:drinkup

kamerad47

it's not how much you can haul its the angle a stress to pull the heavy boxes on the truck. that hook has a lot of stress on it! an 10k is a big weight difference.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I have a tri-axle roll off and a single-axle hook lift. My single axle will carry what it is rated for 17,000 empty with a can so gives me 8 ton off load. My tri-axle is 36,000 empty and I can carry 22 ton leagly so what good is haveing my hoist rated for 37.5 ton?

kamerad47

nac Doesn't your truck have a 75k hoist? It's not about how muck you can carry it's about pulling the container on. a dumptruck hauls 22 tons & has a 40 ton hoist