• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New equiment photos from a new coal mine in NSW, Pic heavy.

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Well that went off on a tangent i hadn't thought of!!! Interesting info but!! :thumbsup

Explains why old loader 1 had so many hrs on the original engine!!!

We've been achieving 20 thous hrs (approx) out of our 3516B engines in the 789C's (well in most of them some didn't quite make it!) but at 1950 hp from a 68 litre (121 hp/pot -28.6 hp/litre) and a much lower duty cycle than say an excavator all makes sense - it just not something i've put much thought to but is very interesting!

I do know thats why our C27's in the D10T's lasted 14-15 thousand hrs,was to do with the duty cycle (heaps of idle time under a lighting plant!!!)

Interesting info men!!!

Last edited:

Gavin84w

We've been achieving 20 thous hrs (approx) out of our 3516B engines in the 789C's

Thats because the original boss at that site set things right from the start mate, you know that place went downhill once he was gone!!!!!

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
and fine maintenance from a legendary team.... need to call you mate we got a special guest on crew now!!!