• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland EC270 control issues

digs2

My {O&K RH9.5} aka NH EC270 is having bucket control problems ? When you ask for a scoop or dump she tends to stall valve and engine almost ? Bucket barely moves ? If you combine stick movement the bucket works at 70 % both directions . So I am not sure what is going on ? Some times it is almost normal , mostly overloading pump as it seems . Any input would be great !!!!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day digs
Do you have a hydraulic schematic so we may point you in the right direction?
Kind regards
Uffex

digs2

Unfortunately I have very little on this one . Thanks for the offer ! I would be happy to buy a book if you may know where to acquire such info .

uffex

Occupation
Admin
To the best of my knowledge the New Holland & the Kobelco are almost the same machines that may help to explore the information.
Kind regards
Uffex

digs2

I know there is cross over on brands , This is badged O&K . I will look into Kobelco models . CNH has some support for me but no solid dealers I know of ? Would be nice to be able to discuss issues as well as buy parts . THANK YOU Uffex !

uffex

Occupation
Admin
I can see a manual at "therepairmanual.com" not sure what it includes but it is specific for NH 270.
KR
Uffex

digs2

Thank you Uffex , I have the info . I will try an adjustment on the bucket cylinder equalizer valve . I will be sure to follow up ,

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Unfortunately I have very little on this one . Thanks for the offer ! I would be happy to buy a book if you may know where to acquire such info .
I can email you service manual .Whats your email?

digs2

Ok,so I have been fooling with the valve on the bucket cylinder .major changes in response with small adjustments. This leads me to a rebuild kit for that valve.CNH says unsupported? Would prefer parts on hand before disassembley . Any Ideas ?

KES2020

I have a ec 450 -- O&K RH23.5 Parts are a nightmare- be prepared to take to take of the component and take it to a Hydraulic shop for repair or replacement- It will take time. Sorry M

digs2

I know the O&K hurdles all to well . l did find a local dealer who is able to order parts . So now I’m going to check out my restrictor valve and proceed from there . The RH 23 must be a beaut !

KES2020

Whats the dealers name-- Always more info is better-- The Machine is cherry- only 7000 hrs and engineered like a porshe with a VW price

digs2

Up date , I discovered the hyd oil level was a bit high ? Over filled by accident likely ? So I decide to look at the filters which I replaced when we got machine . I had new ones left over from the 12 we had . The filters were badly restricting very dirty . I put new filters in today , one was burst and I could barely pull it out .
Once running I noticed functions back to normal , however there is pump noise which developed over the past couple weeks of short runs to keep progress on the job . So now I think more damage may have occured due to a simple oversite ? Or a combo of dirty filters and lots of fluid and unable to take down for repairs early ?
Oh well ? Points to how important hyd oil filter changes are on these O&K units ! Thanks for the help on the subject to all ! Any and all info is a huge help !!!

Kyle Helmke

Did you check the suction screen in the tank if debris got into the tank and plugged this screen it could be causing the pumps to Cavite