• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New JD333D Vs. Cat 299C

montauk 1970

also deere has more weight on them therefore more tractive torque.if cat is longer,than how come wheni put my cat,deerer and komatsu together they are the same.mmmmm weird.

dave esterns

the numbers from the manufacturer can only be trusted if you are comparing machines of the same brand. i was recently duped into thinking that our bobcat was significantly shorter than the competitive machines. now i am not so confident. i never looked into it much, but if you get your tape measure out things start to look different.

montauk 1970

it is a ploy that they play on you. As I was told by a bobcat person(cheif of engineering of the t-series) he told me face to face that they (cat,deere,komatsu and others) were all using the basically same undercarraige and moving the trailing and drive idlers.The original sprokets on the bobcat were just that bobcat.they were blowing up and destroying the sprokets then all of a sudden this stopped and when we aked the engineer(we have his cell number still) he asked us how was the BERCO parts.they all play games and if they ever came out right and told the tructh there sales would be down(cat)as for working on a deere with a stalled or not running engine,pull of the engine side panels and wala there it is in all its glory.

montauk 1970

I very good friend of the family(yes that kind of family lol)Is a bridge stone construction and industrial tire engineer(sales man) and he gave us the low down on whats what with the tracks.komatsu,deere with the 17" wide track................same. the cat 299c...............same as komatsu.new holland............same .now they all have different part numbers but one mold.I am not sure about bobcat but the t-300 I do believe is also same.I will ask him next week.As a matter of fact ,I know of a man who bought our old komatsu tracks for his new cat.what a cheapo.If you park all these machines in a row you will see what I am saying.do the reasearch and you will see.All the same just different b.s in selling it to you..Never met a honest salesmen and NEVER TRUST A MAN WITH SHINNY SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digdeep

also deere has more weight on them therefore more tractive torque.if cat is longer,than how come wheni put my cat,deerer and komatsu together they are the same.mmmmm weird.

I called my buddy and had him measure his 299 tracks from end to end. Go measure your Deere tracks on your 333D from the front to rear and get back to me.

dirthog28

Deere vs Bobcat

I was wondering if anybody has compared or ran both the Deere 333D and the Bobcat T770. I've put almost 500hrs on a Deere 333D and must say this is the nicest and most powerful skidsteer I've ever ran, and I've ran skids for 20 years now. The pushing power is unreal and the quickness and smoothness of the hydrualics and the whole machine. I've seen the bobcat videos comparing the different machines and some of it does look like BS, but some of it I agree that Deere has some weak points on it. I've always been a Bobcat and Deere fan and was just curious if the new M-series is any better than the new Deere's D series.

ACCInc

Occupation
Concrete,Site work contractor. Certified Weldor
I don't know what's so compact about the Deere 333d. Holy cow the machine weighs in an a pinch under 14000 lbs add an operator and you are over 14000. Only 89 hp for that heavy of. Machine I would think it would lag quite a bit b

dirthog28

Deere 333D weighs in at 11,100 lbs and has a gross HP of 92, I can assure you it does not lag the least lit bit. Being the biggest skidsteer that Deere offers it still feels small and compact to me with big performance. John Deere 550J Dozer weighs 18,252lbs and only has 85HP so hows that work into your weight/HP comparsion.

ACCInc

Occupation
Concrete,Site work contractor. Certified Weldor
Deere 333D weighs in at 11,100 lbs and has a gross HP of 92, I can assure you it does not lag the least lit bit. Being the biggest skidsteer that Deere offers it still feels small and compact to me with big performance. John Deere 550J Dozer weighs 18,252lbs and only has 85HP so hows that work into your weight/HP comparsion.
You are right on the 11,100 lbs operating weight, I saw bucket break out force and that is 13,875. You comment about comparing a dozed with a CTL for HP is apples to oranges at best. What is the top speed of the dozer 4 mph may be? The CTL will do 12. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder about anything not Deere. Good for you. I didn't say it wasn't a good machine, just a huge "Compact Track Loader".
Have fun

Digdeep

You are right on the 11,100 lbs operating weight, I saw bucket break out force and that is 13,875. You comment about comparing a dozed with a CTL for HP is apples to oranges at best. What is the top speed of the dozer 4 mph may be? The CTL will do 12. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder about anything not Deere. Good for you. I didn't say it wasn't a good machine, just a huge "Compact Track Loader".
Have fun

It is kind of hard to call it a Compact Track Loader when it is wider (without a bucket) than a D3 with standard shoes and almost as wide as a D3 with LGP shoes. With a bucket it and other brands are almost as wide as a 13yd truck.