• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New member looking for a small dozer

braap736

Ive been searching classifieds for a small dozer in the 6-8k price range to use around my property. I found a Mitsubishi BD2G that looks in great shape but there is no hour meter. Should i be worried about that, and any other recomendations. Thanks in advance

braap736

Ok thanks, my plan is to purchase it, use it for a year or so getting done what i need to, and then selling it. Will it have re-sale value with no hour meter and is $8000 a good price that i wont lose much on?

braap736

Ended up getting it for 7200. Picking it up this weekend and ill post pics of it. Cant wait to start using it

paulinkansas

I bought a BD2G a few months ago. Hour meter was broken around 2500 hours, but the rest of the dozer seemed to be in excellent shape. Paid $8300, plus another $900 to have it hauled about 500 miles. I wish the seat would move further back. I'm only 5'8" but it seems like it's designed for people 5'6" and shorter.

braap736

so the dozer runs good and everything works right but today i was using it for about 2.5 hours straight pushing dirt around and i looked down and seen the coolant temp at 250F. Coolant was overflowing out the cap once i shut it down. The fan spins and it had coolant. How hot are these things supposed to run and what could cause this?

paulinkansas

Your water pump could be bad. The impeller can sometimes come loose from the shaft. Shaft spins, but the impeller does not.