• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Posi-Track forest edition.

BIGBEN2004

I know many already probably know this but Posi-track just introduced the new series machines and in the line up is a Forest package for the PT-100. Looks cool for those who are in this type of business. Not any good for dirt work...:cool:

http://www.posi-track.com/

BIGBEN2004

That one would be hard to run in a tight yard trying to grade with it, with all the guards on it. You cant see much out of it and would run into allot of things.

HeyUvaVT

if you change the PT stickers to RC stickers and the mulcher to a timberax we have that exact body armor setup....its awesome in the woods...buts its a major PITA to service the machine (dropping HEAVY skid plates and fightin to fact that the hood opens forward and the brush guard flips backwards :Banghead:Banghead )

jimmyjack

heres a new one that was sitting out front of the dealer were TATER and i got the RC60

Attachments

• new_new jersey 064.jpg
    new_new jersey 064.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,223

BIGBEN2004

I like that they shorten up the back of the machines now. I never liked the big backend's on the posi tracks. That looks like a nice compact machine now. Just one complaint. They still need to make the side windows bigger mainly lower toward the tracks more for better side visibility. Also it looks like the lift cylinders and the loader arms come down close to some kind of plastic. If you have the loader up in the air and dirt or wood material builds up on that then you will crush the cylinder's.

GRUZ PLT

Ower company purchased a RC100 with a fecon mower and forestry package. It is a tough little machine @ only 13,000lbs.

TMTS

Occupation
logger, forestry mowing
it still puzzles me why they go to all the trouble of guarding, beefing up, etc. but they still wont pressurize the cabs!!! way too much dust in mulching to not have a pressurized cab...

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
One of my customers tried an SR-70 on his farm, he was blown away with the power, he got dirt piled up against the front door! But he said that it was built cheap and not very "beefy" in the areas that it should be, so he sent it back.

HeyUvaVT

it still puzzles me why they go to all the trouble of guarding, beefing up, etc. but they still wont pressurize the cabs!!! way too much dust in mulching to not have a pressurized cab...

the lack of a pressurized cab is the main reason that we are looking at some other machines right now...most of the purpose built machines have them..

Digdeep

I have heard from a reliable source that they are very close to releasing a pressurized cab this year.

Digdeep

One of my customers tried an SR-70 on his farm, he was blown away with the power, he got dirt piled up against the front door! But he said that it was built cheap and not very "beefy" in the areas that it should be, so he sent it back.

I think that the SR-70 uses the ver ysame loader arm that the RC100 uses and I haven't heard anyone say that the arms didn't hold up. I wonder what he thought wasn't beefy enough? It seems to be pretty well put together for an 8,000lb machine. It is the exact same frame as the SR80 with the exception of the undercarriage.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Mulching

the lack of a pressurized cab is the main reason that we are looking at some other machines right now...most of the purpose built machines have them..
I have a Fecon FTX90L (Rayco 87L) with loader arms, Fecon head, it does have the pressurized cab, with the forestry package, steel tracks (I heard they were cheaper to replace, than the rubber tracks) winch (I have needed it on several occasions)
I did a bunch of research, before I bought this and I found out, overall this is the best machine, for what I do.
Good Luck and do your homework

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
I have a Fecon FTX90L (Rayco 87L) with loader arms, Fecon head, it does have the pressurized cab, with the forestry package, steel tracks (I heard they were cheaper to replace, than the rubber tracks) winch (I have needed it on several occasions)
I did a bunch of research, before I bought this and I found out, overall this is the best machine, for what I do.
Good Luck and do your homework

How is you'r FXT90 holding up? We have the 87L and had a few troubles with it. We just ordered a new set of track chaines for it. It's got around 920 hours on it.

Tracker

Occupation
Brush Mulching
Any tricks to dropping those skid plates off the RC-100. Time for my first cleaning and oil change. Thought I would ask???

HeyUvaVT

Any tricks to dropping those skid plates off the RC-100. Time for my first cleaning and oil change. Thought I would ask???

I am doin this now for the 4th time...here is what I do...park the machine on top of two railroad ties...over a ditch...half way up your trailer ramps...something to get it higher off the ground...next get a friend to help if possible but if you cant get any help a floor jack will be useful...if not available just start by loosening all the bolts (the front and rear plates arent bad at all its the middle belly pan thats a PITA) then starting at one end remove them so the plate lowers at one end at a time (this will keep you from getting smacked down by the plate) after you have one end loose place something under it to support it as close to the installed height as you can (this will prevent the last bolts from binding as you remove them)....just take your time and be careful...the middle plate is HEAVY when you take the weight of the steel itself and then add in the weight of however much dirt is on top of it its crazy...on a side note...if you are taking the plates off go ahead and tilt the cab back and clean it that way too...it is scary how much crap ends up between the cab and the plates...we do ours every 50-75 hours...have fun!! ;)

Tracker

Occupation
Brush Mulching
I am doin this now for the 4th time...here is what I do...park the machine on top of two railroad ties...over a ditch...half way up your trailer ramps...something to get it higher off the ground...next get a friend to help if possible but if you cant get any help a floor jack will be useful...if not available just start by loosening all the bolts (the front and rear plates arent bad at all its the middle belly pan thats a PITA) then starting at one end remove them so the plate lowers at one end at a time (this will keep you from getting smacked down by the plate) after you have one end loose place something under it to support it as close to the installed height as you can (this will prevent the last bolts from binding as you remove them)....just take your time and be careful...the middle plate is HEAVY when you take the weight of the steel itself and then add in the weight of however much dirt is on top of it its crazy...on a side note...if you are taking the plates off go ahead and tilt the cab back and clean it that way too...it is scary how much crap ends up between the cab and the plates...we do ours every 50-75 hours...have fun!! ;)

Many thanks - I'll give that a try...

Digdeep

When I looked under one of the newer RC100s fitted with a forestry package it had hinged belly plates so did the new PT100 also equipped with the forestry package. They also looked reinforced.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
price on track chains

How is you'r FXT90 holding up? We have the 87L and had a few troubles with it. We just ordered a new set of track chaines for it. It's got around 920 hours on it.

I dont need them, but just wondered what the track chains cost and where did you get them? I heard they were made by Berco and you could get them cheaper from them. My machine is doing great, it only has 400+ hours, a new engine was put in around 350 hrs. I havent had any problems with the machine since Ive had it.

Last edited:

TMTS

Occupation
logger, forestry mowing
Willis- do you have the duetz or yanmar engine in your FTX 90 ? I seem to remember there were some overheating issues with the duetz...

how do like it overall?

thanks

-tmts