• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new skid owner

old skool iron

Occupation
:·)»
I bought a 94 new holland. l 785 problem is the curl only works well when the bucket is being lifted up. I cleaned the main screen no help, the curl is good as long as the bucket is going up or down. I would like to fix the problem my self. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a million.

old skool iron

Occupation
old thread

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with my nh l785. Did you get yours fixed? Does anyone here have any input?

:bash- Yes I fixed the problem . It is the loader control valve , located on the floor under your left foot. Very easy to replace. I bought a used one for $ 425.00.New was like $ 1200.00 .I got it from a place that sells used loader parts in Texas . When I get back to the shop I will try to find the number , and get it to you .There is a hair line crack inside the valve which causes the problem we share ( Shared ).

Dutchofsc

Occupation
www.AboveAndBeyondHI.com
Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know. That valve new is just over 2k. Ouch.

I was hoping it was something simple. I have removed the valve before, cleaned it out, put back together but the problem persisted.

Where is the crack? Can it be seen?

Thanks for the quick reply.

old skool iron

Occupation
The crack is on the inside between the two valve halves causing a bleed through . My used valve is still doing well . Try Conroe Truck & Tractor 1-800-859-7209

Dutchofsc

Occupation
www.AboveAndBeyondHI.com
Thanks a bunch. I'll give them a call next week.

I was hoping to be able to fix the valve, but after looking at it some more, I don't see a way how.

Do you still have your 785? Any thing I should be looking for?

Dutchofsc

Occupation
www.AboveAndBeyondHI.com
Here's another one for ya. After a while of driving around just fine, the controls get heavy, the pumps start to make a lot of noise, chetter sounds, and the machine will not drive. I immediately shut it down of course. After it sits for a little while, I will start it up again and it works fine, sometimes for for a few minutes, sometimes for a half hour.

Could it be a partial cavitation?
Maybe the 100 psi return regulator?
Wrong fluid?

The fluid and filters are new.

Dutchofsc

Occupation
www.AboveAndBeyondHI.com
Update, I have replaced the valve and rebuild the cylinders, the problem persists. The same exact symptoms, to the tee. I decided to throw in the towel and just use the machine as is. The only issue was that I had a small leak from the fitting leading to the auxilary's. I couldn't get it to quit leaking, I didn't have an o ring to replace the leaking one and I didn't need the auxilary hydraulics to work. I decided to remove the line and fitting all together, and replace the fitting with a plug that came on the new valve. PROBLEM SOLVED! The boom and bucket work as they should.

I don't know how the auxilary connections had any way of making the bucket no curl, but that's what it took.

Does anyone know why there is a quick connect from the valve to the auxilary? I would just use another hard line if I designed it.