• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new to backhoes

othello

I recently got myself a JD110, my first backhoe.
As I familiarize myself with the machine I go thru all the grease fittings, replace and loosen stuck joints etc and wonder which pins are worn and which ones are within specs? And is there a place where I would find the original diameters of the pins?
My local JD dealer was particularly unhelpful and so I guess I am on my own, or someone here can help.

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Equipment Operator/Driller
Your JD dealers should help you, after all they will be making money from selling you parts and any service that you can't do yourself...Anyhow you may find owners and repair manuals and catalogs on eBay...

rutwad

jdparts.com will give you access to part specs. It may not be super easy to find. Any particular pins?

Arm Pivot Pin Specification
Weight 4.10 LBS 1.86 Kg
Pin Diameter 1.555 IN
Length 7.776 IN
Location 1.748 IN
Size 0.866 IN
Thickness 0.236 IN
Center Bore 0.756 IN
Thread Size 0.00 IN
Finish C
Note G

Boom Common Pivot Specification
Weight 5.22 LBS 2.37 Kg
Diameter 1.751 IN
Length 7.756 IN
Groove Diameter 1.673 IN
Groove Location 0.394 IN
Groove Width 0.109 IN
Chamfer Degree 30
Material 1045F
Finish A
Note A

Pin Lock Specification
Weight 2.43 LBS 1.10 Kg
Diameter 1.000 IN
Length 11.063 IN
Groove Diameter 0.941 IN
Groove Location 0.354 IN
Groove Width 0.085 IN
Chamfer Degree 30
Material 1018CD
Finish B
Note A

othello

Well, this is wonderful info, this is sort of what I was looking for. Where do they hide this??

Which pins is hard to say, I will replace them as money allows, so access to the particular list on their website is probably all I need.

Thank you!

jdparts.com will give you access to part specs. It may not be super easy to find. Any particular pins?

Arm Pivot Pin Specification
Weight 4.10 LBS 1.86 Kg
Pin Diameter 1.555 IN
Length 7.776 IN
Location 1.748 IN
Size 0.866 IN
Thickness 0.236 IN
Center Bore 0.756 IN
Thread Size 0.00 IN
Finish C
Note G

Boom Common Pivot Specification
Weight 5.22 LBS 2.37 Kg
Diameter 1.751 IN
Length 7.756 IN
Groove Diameter 1.673 IN
Groove Location 0.394 IN
Groove Width 0.109 IN
Chamfer Degree 30
Material 1045F
Finish A
Note A

Pin Lock Specification
Weight 2.43 LBS 1.10 Kg
Diameter 1.000 IN
Length 11.063 IN
Groove Diameter 0.941 IN
Groove Location 0.354 IN
Groove Width 0.085 IN
Chamfer Degree 30
Material 1018CD
Finish B
Note A

rutwad

If I remeber correctly, here's the process.

You will need to create an account at jdparts.com, but it is free. You can do that first or a little later. From the home page, click on "JD parts lookup" or "JD parts catalog" (memory failure). It's on the left of the page, think it's a yellow box. On the next page, I typed in 110 and it will bring up several results. Just scroll down to the TLB. Then you just keep narrowing it down to the part you want. Like "backhoe", then "boom" or whatever. You will finally be shown the parts and part numbers. Check the box next to the part number you are looking at. Then click "add to cart". Once your cart is filled with the parts you want, go to view cart. From there, the part numbers will be a link that you can click. Click on the specific part and look at the specifications.

Or if you already have the part numbers, I think there is somewhere to enter the numer and go directly to the part. From there you can probably have access to the specs as well.

I love my jdparts.com account. Instead of driving 40 minutes to my dealer, I can order parts 24/7 at home. Then for about $10 more, I get them shipped to me. Definitely easier than having to visit the dealer to me!

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
My thinking is: is it loose? then it probably needs replacing. I have an old ford hoe that I've been slowly "tightening" back up. Things that are slighty loose I can live with. If not I buy new bushings, sometimes new pins and bushings.