• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me compact loader

512high

Hi everyone, I was going to post on the compact wheel loader forum, seems very quite, so im sure someone here with experience can answer. I have a 2011 John Deere 244J wheel loader I bought end of February, has 1,998 hours on it. I changed the engine oil and filter/fuel filter, and greased all the zerk fittings.I will have hydraulic fluid changed in the Fall.(just will be used to remove snow/stack piles....)during off season months I drive about 1.5-2 miles down the road to keep things "moving" and battery tender, as it sits.

I have looked in the owners, manual and would like to know your input on the following;

1.)draining each wheel fluid? how often?
2.)differential fluid?

any other things that anyone can suggest? I know its a small loader, but I like to learn and take care of equipment, I used a Kubota L-series before, this is a monster compared to that.....ok no laughing! Thanks!

abostef6789

Service

dear sir,

wheel hub fluid and differential fluid should be changed every 2000 hours as well as the transmission fluid.
please make sure to clean the magnetic strainer from metallic debris.

Hi everyone, I was going to post on the compact wheel loader forum, seems very quite, so im sure someone here with experience can answer. I have a 2011 John Deere 244J wheel loader I bought end of February, has 1,998 hours on it. I changed the engine oil and filter/fuel filter, and greased all the zerk fittings.I will have hydraulic fluid changed in the Fall.(just will be used to remove snow/stack piles....)during off season months I drive about 1.5-2 miles down the road to keep things "moving" and battery tender, as it sits.

I have looked in the owners, manual and would like to know your input on the following;

1.)draining each wheel fluid? how often?
2.)differential fluid?

any other things that anyone can suggest? I know its a small loader, but I like to learn and take care of equipment, I used a Kubota L-series before, this is a monster compared to that.....ok no laughing! Thanks!