• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newbie to this forum

Toms78case

Occupation
Designer/Safety Man
Ahhhhh, found another forum to be part of..

Hey Y'all I am Tom from NW Wis. Picked up a 78 Case 580C-extendahoe with a cab a couple weeks ago. Its my first big rig. Own a Kubota mini tractor also.

I will save more for more posts, then to post a pic of the hoe. I am just one hoein guy......

I learned to operate a Cat backhoe when I was 13. Learned to operate a ditchwitch trencher/hoe at the same time. some where back in the late 60's.

Ex Marine Diesel mechanic in the Coast Guard, 1973 to 1985 both active and reserves.

Toms78case

Occupation
Designer/Safety Man
Something interesting to see.
Check out the Case parts manual under "Hydraulic", I was looking at the backhoe items and noticed they spell Hydraulic .... HYDRUALIC.

I must of been spelling it wrong for the last 25 years.

Oh well my MHM AJPP from the Fluid Power Society just expired last year.

CatToy

Something interesting to see.
Check out the Case parts manual under "Hydraulic", I was looking at the backhoe items and noticed they spell Hydraulic .... HYDRUALIC.

Well, around my place I have spelled it hi-draw-lick to ensure they ordered the correct oil at the parts store if that makes you feel better.

Weclome!