• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newer Excavator Pollution items

FWD

I currently have a 1990 Hitachi EX 120. It has been a good machine for me, but am considering something newer. For the type of digging I do the 120 has been fine but leaves a little to be desired when pulling stumps. I would like to stay with Hitachi but they are hard to come by in my area. I have seen John Deere 120D's for sale and also 120G's also. Is there much difference between the D and G series as far as pollution equipment? Looking at 2010 to possibly 2014 models. I am considering going to a 160 also but very few seem to have thumbs on them and that's something I need to have. A lot of the 120's and 130's have a thumb. I really like the Isuzu engine in the Hitachi. Have had a few pieces of Deere, and was not impressed with their engines.
I am not in a rush to purchase, just before spring. Thanks!
FWD