• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NH LX885 WON'T START! Help!

FullMetalBucket

Hey All, after 2 years with my '99 LX885 it finally gave me a problem. It won't start! I just wired in a new strobe and backup alarm, went to move it and it just diesels.... sounds like the fuel's not getting to the engine. There's a white rocker style switch above my right shoulder that has a "RUN" and "SERVICE" position.... I switched it to the "SERVICE" and it started right up. I can move it but the foot controls are locked. When I started it in service mode Errror02 came up on the display in the cab. The machine is going out on a snow contract next week and I really need to figure this out. Anyone have a list of Error Codes for this? Any help would go a long way to me being able to get some sleep tonight!!
Thanks. :drinkup

FullMetalBucket

Anyone?
Disconnected the wiring I did just to be sure and no change.... Jumped the seatbelt switch and no change.... Anyone have a list of error codes for NH machines? I can't find anything online.....

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
My john deere was a new holland type. You have to use the proper sequence to get out of the 02 error, That is get out , with sevice swich back to normal and key off . get back into machine , put your seat belt on , turn on key and start machine , the 02 error should now be reset, and you should be good to go.

Colorado Digger

sorry dude,we used to run the new holland 885 cab heat and all the fixins

that is a electrical short, spend the money and put a new harness in it

FullMetalBucket

Found the problem!! It was a bad ground at the fuse panel! Fixed the ground, reset the Error02 and it started right up!
Thanks S1 & CD, between the error reset and letting me know it was an electrical error your 2 posts really helped!

tightgtp

Occupation
lead service technician for the largest forklift c
error 2 is a problem with the fuel soleniod circuit