• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

North of the tree line

BrianHay

As promised I finally found my pictures from the Arctic and just finished scanning them. :D Sadly I have lost almost as many as I have left but at least these ones are backed up and safe now, I scanned them using Picasa2. Worked really quik and easy.

Check them out in the web album

Hope you all enjoy them :) If you want more details or a story behind any of the pictures I will be happy to tell it.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Ice Road

Seen some of them places on the Discovery channel.Was some of them on the iceroads? Thanks for the photos!!!!!!!:usa

BrianHay

Glad you like em :D Everywhere outside of town is an ice road. The pictures of the sleigh trains lined up outside Inuvik is were the ice road starts on the Mackenzie River between Inuvik and Tuktoyaktuk. And there are arteries branching off of that lead to various other camps, villages and job sites.

ctkiteboarding

my dad was up that way this summer on his indian , got to dawson and then headed up towards inuik , made it bout half way w the bike and it got to messy so headed back to dawson , he rode around alaska for a better part of a month. he came home with some great stories

BrianHay

That must have been an incredible ride! I rode shotgun with a few trucks that worked with my Uncle heavy hauling. He hooked me up with the people up there and a ride to get there. They were headed to Dawson City from Edmonton. I stayed the night at Bombay Peggies in Dawson City. :D :D That place was awsome :notworthy I wanted to travel the Dempster highway which goes between Dawson City and Inuvik but it was snowed in and I couldn't wait for it to be cleared. I hopped a small plane on an Air North Flight from there. The whole trip was awsome

alco

Brian,

You aren't up in my neck of the woods right now are you? I saw a machine the same as yours at Syncrude yesterday on a truck.

Brian

BrianHay

No it's not me. Mine is still in Switzerland. That is probably a guy named Glen. I heard he was going up that way. He has really made some rounds latley. He was out on Vancouver Island then Cranbrook, Lethbridge now Fort Mac. I was trying to find it but can't, a news article from his job on the island. He has a really nice looking machine and there is a picture of it entering the river followed by a story about the project.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Great pics, some day I am going to get UP UP north. Thanks for sharing.
Trbo

BrianHay

Sadly that's all I have left King. I lost tons of my pictures when my ex wife and I split. I had some really great ones of sleigh trains and some of the unique camps up there. One in particular I wish I could find was the first train I pulled. It was 6 of the big atcos and I was pulling them with a 950 Cat loader. We had a really strong tail wind and about a half hour into the trip the wind pushed my train together and the train started pushing me. There was nothing much I could do, I did a complete 180. I just kept on the throttle and tried to grab a little bit of traction in the snow when I hit the edge of the road on the other side. I managed to keep them apart good enough that they didn't pile up, there was no damage except to my ego :eek: I needed some help to get turned around and moving again though.

BrianHay

If you ever get the opportunity its well worth it EZ. I loved it up there and would go back in a heartbeat. When I went Up I got the oportunity through my Uncle. He knew lots of people up there from Heavy Haul Trucking in the North so he gave me some numbers. He hauled one of those giant generators that power the town of Inuvik as well as tons of trips hauling iron into the mines North of Yellowknife.

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
sorry to hear that brian hay, i have lots lots in all my dievorces and separtions. maybe you will get the pictures back when she realises you have something of hers, LOL

excellent pictures and thansk for sharing.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

BrianHay

Some of them I probably lost in my travels as well. Between when I got divorced and when I met Theresa I didn't bother getting a house. I rarely worked at home anyways. I was usually in camp jobs or a hotel room getting paid a good $$ to work away from home. I spent lots of years calling places like this home. Then when Theresa and I got together we got a house for a while but were never there because she got into moving dirt with me. When we got days off we had other places to go then home so we just upgraded our holiday trailer to a nice fifth wheel and put our stuff in storage....I will probably find more pictures in storage next time we go there :D