• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oil Rig Demolition.....!

Big Tackle Boy

Hi Guys,

BTB here, been lurking and browsing for a while now, its a great forum you guys have here.

Thought you might like to see a Lieberr R984 in action destroying oil rig platforms.......:eek:

The rigs don't stand a chance against this 20t shear......:eek:

Attachments

• 3 (600 x 450).jpg
    3 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,672
  • 2 (585 x 439).jpg
    2 (585 x 439).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2,001
  • 1 (585 x 439).jpg
    1 (585 x 439).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,576

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
rig demo

HI BTB, thats got to be Scotland,.... shirley. Dont call me ........:rolleyes:
Are you based up there or just visiting. Price of scrap makes that quite a profitable job I should think. Who's is the machine ? It cant be on its own, what else is there? more pics please. :drinkup

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Now that is pretty cool.

Big Tackle Boy

Your right Rob certainly is Scotland, Shetland Isles where the rigs are brought in from the North Sea to be uummm......."decomissioned"........by this beast....!

The machine belongs to a company over here called Technical Demolition Services based in Merseyside. I wasn't there :( I work for Liebherr here in the UK, these pix were sent to me by a colleague and I figured you guy's would be interested to have a look.

I'll see if I can get some more pix :)

BTB

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
pics

Thanks for the update BTB, you'll be a great source of pics with the contacts you'll have :D
You prob dont want to give away too much info on location but have you had the pleasure of a viewing of the new set up at Biggleswade. Not been myself only seen pics but it sure looks impressive. Rob.

Big Tackle Boy

Hi Rob, yeah the Biggleswade setup is seriously impressive and really good to take customers to so they can see the sort of back up and service that will be behind them when they buy a Liebherr machine. If you want a tour of the site just PM me.

Hey I saw a couple of your 1705's when I was parked on the M25 the other day round about Junc 3 I think. You obviously like your Atlas's, how do they compare now they are owned by Terex?

BTB

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Thanks for the offer BTB, I may take you up on that one day in the future.
I only have the one duck, I played with having two a couple of years back but it aint worth the grief, besides i enjoy operating :beatsme I dont want to be a manager which is what happens when you get more. Too much licking backsides and greasing palms, you know the score.
The other white duck is a 1505M, another owner operator, but I dont mind you thinking its mine :D
In answer to your question, I'm suitably impressed with the machine. It had a couple of teathing problems but nothing serious. I wanted and ordered a 1505M but there was a problem at the last minute and as I had sold my 1304M I was slightly stuck to say the least. The machine is way over speck for my needs, but hopefully the extra I ended up paying will be got back when it goes. In 11 months its clocked just over 2000hrs. It was originaly built for Sweden and I have some questions to ask the boys from that part of the world about that.
I like the Liebherr, but tooo expensive, so that sort of restrics the options. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: