• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oils for swing gear

w2bstoned

I don't have a service manuel, I was wondering what type of oil you guys recommend for the swing gear and planetaries?
Its a Cat e70

Thanks

bigbob

I have a 94 307 and a 04 311CU. Change this oil yearly and use the Cat TDTO oil, weight dependant on temps.

LJMXUK

Occupation
Motocross practice track owner
I am using EP90 in my Slew gearbox on my Hitachi EX60URG. Is this correct?

surfer-joe

Per Caterpillar, one should use 85W140 GO (Gear Oil) oil for mini-excavators in both the swing gearbox and the finals.

You don't have to buy it from Cat however, any number of companies produce a Cat spec oil that works just fine and is probably cheaper.

You can go to Cat's website and find their list of equipment and lube specifications here: http://www.cat.com/cda/files/1134980/7/F&F Application Guide PEWJ0074-02.pdf

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
company i work for uses 50wt. in all our hoes finals and swing box

idler

In Georgia we used 50w for the swing and the finals per cat specs, you are in canada and who knows what type oil gear oil you will used.