• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old boral quarry, prospect

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
did some clearing last week at the old boral quarry, prospect, 60 kilometres west of sydney.it used to be a big hill, they have mined the hill to leave a site level with surrounding land, no hole, it is now being turned in to industrial land, foreman was telling me there are around 90 pieces of plant working there now levelling the whole area and blasting and crushing to to rehabilitate the whole site, there were 290 pieces of plant working there 1 year ago, very busy place.

Attachments

• P1040392.jpg
    P1040392.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • P1040393.jpg
    P1040393.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,043
  • P1040394.jpg
    P1040394.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • P1040395.jpg
    P1040395.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 984
  • P1040396.jpg
    P1040396.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,000

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
dam

building a big dam at the end of the site to catch all the water run off, i think it is 150 million litres.

Attachments

• P1040397.jpg
    P1040397.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 949
  • P1040398.jpg
    P1040398.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 987
  • P1040399.jpg
    P1040399.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 961

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Thats still not far enough away from Sydney:rolleyes:

But I sure could use some of that work.:(
this site is only 5 klms from houses, also next to prospect resevoir where sydey draws it's water, we cleared a site recently
only 3 or 4 klms away for a residential subdivision, the quarry site is only 2 klms from F4 freeway, i live another 30 klms west in the bush.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
volvo with log forks

my trusty old 1985 volvo 4500 loader with bucket and log forks at the lakes golf couse, mascot, sydney, australia.

Attachments

• DSC01727.JPG
    DSC01727.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,154

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
eh they must've towed propsect further west - its only about 30km from the cbd and next door to eastern creek.

reminds me a bit of the job they did on wonderland yonks ago.

bit quiet squizzy? very hard to read the market at the moment except for the certainty that its going to be a cold winter.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
eh they must've towed propsect further west - its only about 30km from the cbd and next door to eastern creek.

reminds me a bit of the job they did on wonderland yonks ago.

bit quiet squizzy? very hard to read the market at the moment except for the certainty that its going to be a cold winter.
maybe im wrong about the klms, i was only guessing. this project is about 1 million times bigger project than wonderland.

Last edited:

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
used to live in wentworth ave in mascot

stock

Occupation
OOO ! about twenty years ago when i knew every thing but seem to have either forgotten it or learned that I didn't know that much at all.Wouldnt mind revisiting Oz some day to see Baradine,Austinville and Sydney and of course Botany bay, Randwick,La Parrouse,Marrubra, the Mercantile pub in the Rocks etc etc

Stock

Last edited:

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
OOO ! about twenty years ago when i knew every thing but seem to have either forgotten it or learned that I didn't know that much at all.Wouldnt mind revisiting Oz some day to see Baradine,Austinville and Sydney and of course Botany bay, Randwick,La Parrouse,Marrubra, the Mercantile pub in the Rocks etc etc

Stock
it's all still there, has not changed all that much, you know the saying, everthing changes but everything stays the same.

stock

Occupation
Flowed down Botany rd from Mascot RSL on many a night and up Wentworth Ave ,There used to be a hang out down at the local speed shop in Eastlakes shopping center,ran by a guy by the name of Vince Iversi , Rse spares ?? I think ,O! to the lost little grey cells.

Stock

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Flowed down Botany rd from Mascot RSL on many a night and up Wentworth Ave ,There used to be a hang out down at the local speed shop in Eastlakes shopping center,ran by a guy by the name of Vince Iversi , Rse spares ?? I think ,O! to the lost little grey cells.

Stock
i dont know the area well, i live in the bush, near richmond, around 70 klms north west of sydney.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
I once had a beer there with Ross Wilson....it was better than the Rooty Hill Rissole anyway:cool:

your right there, it's got a lot more class than rooty hill. i once had a few red wines with normie rowe at ayers rock. (uluru) after a concert,trouble is i had too many reds and only remember portions of the conversation with the only rock star i have met, he is a really down to earth guy.