• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old CAT track loader info Needed?

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
My buddy has an old Cat track loader for sale and wanted some info on it, year model # and what its worth, it runs and works.

Attachments

• cat1.jpg
    cat1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 4,675
  • cat2.jpg
    cat2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6,880
  • cat3.jpg
    cat3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 3,693
  • cat4.jpg
    cat4.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 4,178
  • cat5.jpg
    cat5.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,829

dynahoescott

Hi tonka, that is either a 933f, or it quite possibly be a old d-4 with a loader kit. I am leaning towards the d-4 only because of the single grousers. Real hot stuff with the blade mounted on it, we were just talking about that on here.:beatsme

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Hi tonka, that is either a 933f, or it quite possibly be a old d-4 with a loader kit. I am leaning towards the d-4 only because of the single grousers. Real hot stuff with the blade mounted on it, we were just talking about that on here.:beatsme
He also has a bucket for it, i think its a d4 too. I saw one on here but the loader attachment is different.

Attachments

• cat d4.jpg
    cat d4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 3,715

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator

I agree, I think it's a D-4. You had to climb over the hydraulic cylinders to get into the seat of a 933. Tonka where is it located and how much are they asking?

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
It's in KY its in pretty good shape, with some new parts...he wants $6000 for it. I don't know if that worth that kind of money or not...

drewdplumber

Occupation
master plumbing contractor
old cat track loader

What you have is a 1950's Cat D-4 wide track crawler, series 7U with a "Trackson" loader. Cat did not make a loader back then, so they built the machine and shipped them to one of about 4 different companies who installed their loader system on the machine. I owned one up until this last winter when I sold it (after 14 years). The $6000.00 price is at the very top of the scale for this machine. They are fun to run, but all the levers keep you very busy.

Lieb590

Occupation
Restaurant owner & farmer
Old cat

I wonder if the ROPS will hold on an overturn.

drewdplumber

Occupation
master plumbing contractor
The "ROPS" is really only there to protect the operator from falling debris and tree branches. If you have ever pushed up trees and brush, you can understand why it is a good thing. I had the same type of structure on mine and it saved my bacon a couple of times. If it rolls? Not a good thing.

Lieb590

Occupation
Restaurant owner & farmer
Aren't you describing a FOPS (falling object protection structure)? As old as the one in the photo is, it may not really be much of anything. I ordered a FOPS for my Bobcat A300, which also gave me a single point of lift, which means theoretically that our track loader can put the 300 on a trailer

Last edited:

tractor

hi guys i'm a new member so i cant start a new thread. I just bought a 955k i think cuz 1 side says 955k the other side says 955L. the qustion i got is were to find the serial number and where to find a service and repair manual?

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
The Cat model designation for the loader tractor for the first picture is an
HT4. Older versions had the cable driven lift with the trip type bucket, labeled a T4 (Trackson) . Not sure whose loader would be on the second picture, but they aren't the same.
I have a friend with an ex-military T4 and it has both a loader bucket and a blade attchment. Lots of fun to see around all that mechanism!
You might also want to ask the guys on these Cat forums...
http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/ACME/Portal.asp
http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/

Hope this helps,
Alan

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
One place I worked still has a machine exactly like that and the tag said 955. The machine was a 1955 or 56 model as I recall and a 12A serial number. The reason it sticks with me is cause it was the first machine they ever bought brand new until the early 1980s.

My old serial number book shows the first year for a 955 track loader was 1956.

The serial number would reveal the origins of your machine.

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
The first machine is definately a ht4 traxcavator, I can't find a difference between it and mine.
Its probably a 1954-56 model, it looks like it is awesome shape for its age, what is the hour meter reading it should be on the drivers side of the motor towards the front with a small flap to protect the glass on it .

I'll give you 5000 for it !

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
The first machine is definately a ht4 traxcavator, I can't find a difference between it and mine.
Its probably a 1954-56 model, it looks like it is awesome shape for its age, what is the hour meter reading it should be on the drivers side of the motor towards the front with a small flap to protect the glass on it .

I'll give you 5000 for it !
Are you talking to me? I will see if its still for sale...i will pm you more info on the owners #...later.

tractor

Where can I find the filters for the tranny on a 955k cuz when the cat is cold every thing works good but when it get warmed up after like 10mins of working it.it stops moving but the arms and bucket still works good just the tracks don't move. Any help or tip

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Aren't you describing a FOPS (falling object protection structure)?

what you have on your bobcat is "Fall Out Protection"

and as far as the $worth of the OP.....what does it weigh?

Pj