• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Takeuchi TB25 Engine Question

Alan1*

This might be a question for a throwback old guy redneck excavator forum somewhere or it's possible the answer may be hidden on some microfilm in a hieroglyphics museum somewhere but here goes. I'm just a property owner with a bunch of projects and I have a new to me Takeuchi 2.6T late 80's TB25 mini ex and I love it. Using the backhoe on my tractor now is just sort of silly. Anyways it has a tired old (blowing oil out of every conceivable hole) Yanmar 3T84HLE-TBS. I'm looking for a rebuild kit with the sleeves, pistons etc. the whole shebang. Anyone know what's up with these engine numbers? I find kits for a 3T84HLE without the -TBS or my favorite "psyche out" 3T84HTLE-TBS for a TB025 excavator. They never seem to match the actual number off my engine/machine combo which is 3T84HLE-TBS for a TB25. Anyone on here know anything about these numbers or know what the differences are? Thanks