• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Old" threads...

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'm writing this post late in the evening of April 3, 2004. I just read a post by a recently joined member that started with, "I know this is an old thread but..."

I think everybody would agree with me that because the board has only been up and running since late last year, there are a whole lot more folks who *haven't* visited here yet, than there are that have visited. To those who are visiting for the first time, it's all new.

To those who may be have been criticized elswhere on the internet for dredging up "old threads", I'd suggest that you don't worry about that here. If you've got something to add to *any* thread on the board, don't be bashful. There aren't any threads here yet that are too old for further discussion, and frankly I think we'd all agree that the more folks we have contributing their thoughts here, the better the site will be.

cat320

Charter Member
Well like I say you never stop learning so some one else may have a better way of doing something that is more benifical or safe.

I thing it is a good thing ,but do a search fist for that topic if not found then you could start a new thread. Please correct me if i'm wrong

If you have ever worked with some old timmers in the field you can gain a wealth of knowledge.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
but do a search fist for that topic if not found then you could start a new thread. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Nope, not wrong at all.

Certainly, if there's something on your mind, search for it and see if there's a thread about it. I was thinking of the user who might be browsing the forums and find something they feel they have to add to the discussion, or a question that the discussion has raised for them.

The point I was trying to get across is that, just because nobody has replied to a thread for a few weeks, or even months, shouldn't be a reason enough for a newer member, or even an old one, to avoid adding to the discussion. For sites that have been around for several years, and have thousands of registered users some topics might get to the point of "beating a dead horse", but I don't see that being a problem here, at least not at this early date. I for one, am interested in what *everybody* has to say...

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
I'd like to add that the members here are very informative, mature and seem like a great bunch. There doesn't appear to be a sense of "you're an idiot" or "I'm better than you" like on other sites as digger242j has mentioned. I wish I was more experienced so I could bring more to the table. I'll keep asking if you guys keep answering! :notworthy