• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OMC engine in skidsteer was this engine put in any skidsteer?

datsunman

Occupation
mechanic
I have been told that this model of engine was possibly the factory power supply for a skidsteer and I would like to hear if this was ever indeed true. I do not no the suggested year/s of its use or the company name that may have used it. Its a 2-cycle twin apposing cylinder air cooled that was for sure used in snowmobiles such as evinrude. It's currently mounted on my big go-cart. Look at these pics to see if it looks familiar to any skidsteer's power plant. Thanks for your opinions, datsunman;

Attachments

• for hankins 009.jpg
    for hankins 009.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 470
  • for hankins 010.jpg
    for hankins 010.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 919
  • for hankins 012.jpg
    for hankins 012.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 729
  • for hankins 008.jpg
    for hankins 008.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 484

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
OMC Engine

I have seen the Case 1818 repowered with all kinds of 2 cylinder gasoline engines Onan, Tecumseh, Briggs, and Kohler engines. So I can see someone stuffing this into one and mistaking the OMC for the factory engine in an 1818. Thats the only guess I have. I have not seen an OMC in a skidsteer.