• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Only The "king" Would Do This

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
at my new "real job", i had to do some scouting on the KOMMUNIST KAT and then use the 950 to push back 6 foot high snow banks on a tight curve. these snow banks were just a little too hard for the 12 grader on saturday. i found a couple of huge rocks and broke the wing pin. of course things are going to break at -39C with a wind chill of -54C.
since i was short of time i hooked the Linn Tractor trailer behind the loader and off i went. after scouting with the KOMMUNIST KAT, i loaded him back up and pushed snow for 2 hours in the loader. the thought of unhooking the trailer then trying to get it hooked back up was not exciting at -35C with a wind chil of -45C. just took my time and got it done with out breaking anything.

only in the Great White North, LOL

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• more cat fun  feb 8 2008 001.jpg
    more cat fun feb 8 2008 001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,022

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
KoO...
I feel that one day in the not so distant future,
I'll be running up and down the TV channels...
I'll stop at perhaps... the Discovery Channel......
And there you'll be....on Modern Marvels,
or How'd they do that?
or maybe even Junk Yard Wars.....which was my favorite..
One day you'll hit it big...
fans and paparazzi(sp?) and your hand prints in concrete
at some Chinese theater in Hollywood.
because as an Author, you always seem to come up with the best reading material.
Cheers...:drinkup
:cool:

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk rollover pete, buddy barry hurt his back so i have been helping him out in his shop. that is how i got this real job. he was there for me in the past 10 years, so i'm helping him out. about all he can do right now is getting me my coffee (take out from the cafe where the table of truth is) and checking up on me when i have the equipment out (in the great white north,you always have a buddy system to make sure you don't break down and freeze to death). so if i have to take time out from being the KING OF OBSOLETE to help my friend. i was going to break 2 million hits a month on the website but i look at it as a break and i'll be back strnger and more popular then ever. plus i have learned a lot about working these new style cats. ( i hate metric, i hate metric, LOL)

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Lashlander

Hey KoO, I'm with you on the metric part. Some of the new plans are coming out in metric. Lots of machines have both metric and standard bolts. That is a pain. Come on, chose one or the other.
Nice picture, something you don't see everyday. With you having a real job and all were seeing less and less of it too!:usa