• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Operating In Iraq?

GaryLong

Occupation
N/a
Hey I was wondering if anyone had done any work over in Iraq, or if you knew where one could apply to operate equipment over there, also maybe a general idea of payrates and stuff like thta, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Wolf

Israeli Army

You ought to check out the Israeli army. They use the biggest CATs and just run right through the Palestinian refugee camps---demo everything that is in front of them. Total power and destruction.

Sounds like fun!!!

Grader4me

GaryLong said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone had done any work over in Iraq, or if you knew where one could apply to operate equipment over there, also maybe a general idea of payrates and stuff like thta, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site :thumbsup You will find professional operators and very knowledgable people here.
I just have to ask...why in the name of god would you want to work in Iraq for??:eek:

GaryLong

Occupation
N/a
My main reason for working over in Iraq is money, from what Ive heard they pay outrageous sums of money for people who have the balls (read: who are dumb enough) to go over there

9420pullpan

here is a link to operating jobs in iraq

KBR is a large company doing alot of work over there here is another link to the job listings in iraq..... link

i was actually considering it as well from what i hear it is a year contract you must sign and with no breaks so you are over there for a year....

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
google it. i found all kinds of stuff last year about this time. watch out for rip offs!if they want you to spend money it is proably a rip off. halliburton has a web site , they own brown & root. and we all know halliburton has a huge contract over there.:wink2
i believe bechtel has a piece of the pie also. i think there is a long waiting list but alot of guys get cold feet,ect. ect.
most of the ones i have seen require a one year contract. remember i think you have to stay that long for all your earnings are tax free.:yup
anyway watch out for rip offs.

GaryLong

Occupation
N/a
Unfortunetly you need 3-5 years of experiance to be involved with the mentioned companys, which is somthing I shouldve assumed in the first place, but it does seem like a good opportunity to make some good wages for those with experiance, I unfortunetly am just oing to be attending school at ATS (COlumbus, Oh) in june so I cant do it.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
well congrats on going to school . if i had to do all over again i would have accepted my apprenticeship and been schooled by the union. but i was too smart for that~!!!:Banghead lmao
welcome to the board and good luck w/ school.

Wulf

Wolf said:
You ought to check out the Israeli army. They use the biggest CATs and just run right through the Palestinian refugee camps---demo everything that is in front of them. Total power and destruction.

Sounds like fun!!!

Wolf said:
What kind of work is there in Iraq?

I think they are looking for people that want to help reconstruct the country rather than demo everything...

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Unfortunetly you need 3-5 years of experiance to be involved with the mentioned companys,

First, I gotta say there's no way in hell that I'd go over there to work--they haven't printed enough money yet. :spaz

Second, go get 3-5 years of experience. Chances are we'll still be there...

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I almost went over there B&R made me a offer, but my gf wouldn't go I'm sure and my family didn't want me to go neither. Then I got a offer to move here to Socal for like half the $$$ and I don't have to worry about getting killed constantly.

tylermckee

Dozerboy said:
I almost went over there B&R made me a offer, but my gf wouldn't go I'm sure and my family didn't want me to go neither. Then I got a offer to move here to Socal for like half the $$$ and I don't have to worry about getting killed constantly.
What would the pay have been, if you dont mind me asking?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
They didn't say for sure but IIRC it was like $65hr. to start.