• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

operating techniques

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
Guys i am interested to know if any of u have ever seen any sort of technical guide/manual/dvd that gives descriptive techniques on how to best go about the task ahead of u on a digger?

I have got myself a job for a week running a 20t Hyundai digger and I had to backfill a block wall with 10mm gravel and then level and finish the surrounding area with clay before topsoiling.

I understand the digger and the way it works and i have experience on them but I am sure there is a better more productive way of takling the work, is there any written or visual aides for this or is it all just a matter of seat time?

can anyone give me any more info?

golfy

Occupation
Operator
hey buddy... check you tube out.. there are a few training vids on there in relation to trenching and picking up other buckets etc... volvo also has other videos on there about how to work on slopes, proper techniques on walking machine etc... but yeah i have always learnt from watching other operators then trying it out for myself whenever possible!!!

this will get you started... prt 9 of 15

YouTube - How to work on slopes with a Volvo Crawler Excavator (Part 9 of 15)

Last edited: