• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Operators Manual for a Mini-Excavator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totlh

I recently purchased a BobCat 331 Series C Mfg Date 2000. This is my first excavator. I am really enjoying this forum. I would like to read through the operators manual to ensure I fully understand the proper operation of the machine but also the appropriate maintenance to be performed. Does anyone have a copy of this manual that they are willing to share? Maybe a link to where I can get one?

Thank you.
Totlh

Totlh

Today I sent the Bobcat company an e-mail asking them why they would not provide downloadable versions of the Owners Manual. After all it contains important information concerning operator safety as well as important maintenance activities. Failure to perform the maintenance activities only results in early equipment failure. I fail to see how this would benefit a company, any company.

ChuckRock

Do you mean they wont provide a copy of the owners/service manual at all? I would imagine they would be more than happy to sell you one. Unfortunately I can't help with Bobcat.

Makar

Good day.
connect with me Telegramm or WhatsApp +79992491766 i have manual

ChuckRock

They are for sale on-line for over $100.

That sounds about par for course.

I understand the frustration at the cost of the document but at the same time I would expect that the cost associated with providing that document is factored into the machine's cost. It wouldn't make any sense to give the document away for free.

Totlh

Thanks Makar. I'll contact you tomorrow.

ChuckRock
I understand the thought but I'm not collecting manuals for the fun reading they provide, I bought a machine and would like to download a digital copy. There is no incremental cost to the company. They had to make the manuals in the first place. They sold the machine once, why do they need an additional $114 each time the machine gets sold or a manual gets lost.

The only other organization that does this is type of thing is the government.

Makar

ChuckRock
I understand the thought but I'm not collecting manuals for the fun reading they provide, I bought a machine and would like to download a digital copy. There is no incremental cost to the company. They had to make the manuals in the first place. They sold the machine once, why do they need an additional $114 each time the machine gets sold or a manual gets lost.

Sorry. i have only G series

ChuckRock

ChuckRock

I get ya man, you are looking for an owners manual to operate the equipment you own.

Pretty much every manufacturer I work with only deals in purchase options for their service/operation literature. Cummins - Subscription to QuickServe, Allison - Individual Sale of Documents, Caterpillar - Subscription to SiSWeb - The list goes on, as much of a bummer as it is you aren't alone.

Honda gave me one for free the other day.

Best of luck finding one!

Totlh

I just set a email to "'Bobcat Parts' <bobcatparts@bobcat.com>" with examples from two of their competitors that do exactly what I'm asking for. In addition I sent them a ink to my truck owners manual. To me, they only charge for the manuals because we all tolerate it. If we own the machine, we should have access to the important safety information in the Owners Manual.

If someone, anyone, disagrees with this simple concept, please let me know. I'm not afraid of differing viewpoints. Besides, I can always buy a different Brand next time.

Thanks for listening.
Jerry

580bob

when they come new from factory they are required to supply them but your machine is 21 years old and its probably long gone if you cant afford $100 dont buy a piece of heavy equipment best investment you can buy why didnt you get it from seller its not the brand its the buyer not asking for it in the deal

Totlh

One more point I must make. It seems Bobcat has no problem making their Brochures available for free in PDFs.

https://www.bobcat.com/secure/forms/request-brochure

I was going to say they may be putting sales over safety but I don't really believe that. I'm going to give them a chance to do the right thing first.

Again, Thanks for listening.

Jerry

Totlh

when they come new from factory they are required to supply them but your machine is 21 years old and its probably long gone if you cant afford $100 dont buy a piece of heavy equipment best investment you can buy why didnt you get it from seller its not the brand its the buyer not asking for it in the deal

Seller did not have it. I asked.

Totlh

I fixed my problem today. I bought a Bobcat E50 R2 Series with a 18" bucket and a 30 " bucket. I also got a flail mower with all the fixins. It is suppose to arrive in early April. Like all my other equipment, no financing involved. I would not mention that except for:

if you cant afford $100 dont buy a piece of heavy equipment

1) Two things. Don't is spelled with an apostrophe between the n and the t as in do not.
2) It WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! I was and is about employees going home as healthy as they came to work. Some people will just never get that picture.

Anyway, good luck to all and stay safe out there.

580bob

good he is gone bragging how rich he is but will not spend $100.00 on a operators manual and of course he bought another bobcat which he said he would never buy from them as they dont support his way of thinking

ChuckRock

good he is gone bragging how rich he is but will not spend $100.00 on a operators manual and of course he bought another bobcat which he said he would never buy from them as they dont support his way of thinking

That is a strange path forward, rather unexpected really - oh well, to each their own I guess.

Totlh

What makes you think I'm gone or rich?

I'll be here learning from the may people on this forum that are much smarter than I am.

I never said I would never buy another Bobcat. My exact words were "Besides, I can always buy a different Brand next time." CAN does not equal NEVER

he said he would never buy from them as they dont support his way of thinking

580bob, I doubt we will be able to see eye to eye on this topic. However, I do support your right to voice your opposing view. Good luck to you going forward.
ChuckRock, you obviously have an open mind and while you may not agree with my point of view, you are carefully considering it. Good luck to you going forward.

Thanks all.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Of the 20 or so brands we handle NONE of them offers free manuals of any kind.

Totlh

Nige, as a senior member of this forum, I would expect better. You and a few other of this Forum's lemmings are willing to live with the way things have always been. If Bobcat adopted your attitude, we would all still be working with just a shovel in our hand. Try pulling your head out of your A$$ and looking around. Things change. Never once (until now) did I say anything derogatory about anyone. I was just trying to suggest a different corporate policy may be better for operator safety.

580bob is another piece of work. If and when he learns to read and write, maybe he will be able to make more intelligent posts. Until then, I guess he can be our Village Idi0t.

With that said, do I feel better, no I do not! I thought this would be a good forum. Now, I'll just sit back and read what you cry babies have to say now that I called you out on your Bull $hit!

Later, much later.......

Status
Not open for further replies.