• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

options?

Boophoenix

Just curious if there are any afordable options for mapping points on a site accuractly or read as built files if the developing excavating company has them and would share ? A little more detailed something like mapping lot corners and utilities in say a subdivision for my personal use ( save head ache of getting gripped at when someone else knocks down or barries a visual marker and I catch the blame, or the kids down the street thought it would be cool to play King Arthur with the lot pins ).

Elevation accuracy isn't so important in this question, but would be nice. I worked on a job and the super had a topcon rover unit ( I think that is the proper term ) that was pretty awesome, but that's a little above the price range I'm thinking of. Maybe someday when the economy is better.

Kind of just thinking out loud maybe all of the options might be out of the range at the moment. It would just be nice to have and learn more about right now in slow times. A ruff price estimate would be helpful of the options.

Boophoenix

Threw lots and lots of searching I may have found something of enterest. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of topcon GRS-1 or GMS-2?

The GRS-1 apears to offer what I'm wanting with just a bit higher price than I was looking for, but I could live with it if it functions well.

Any input on these systems or comprable would be apreciated.